This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RosscoB View Post
    I have spoken to the people at Nautic Laugic. They have told me they would be willing to build a device that fits between the Gateway and the Gauges so the PTubes can be disconnected and GPS Speed can be displayed on the speedometer.
    As a side note to this ... if you progress to working with them further, inquire about how he can integrate this with his existing nautic laugic gps paddle wheel replacement. Many of us already have that setup in place, and are not willing to buy another gps puck to feed the speedometer. I'm guessing that accounts for much of the price per he quoted you.

I had hoped we would make some progress with rebuilding the boards themselves. About a year ago SkiNautique2001 mentioned that he worked somewhere that may be able to rebuild them, but he needed a donor board. Maybe he will chime in, but i feel like that was a lost opportunity ...

2003 SANTE - "OG 210"

Comment

Originally posted by obd666 View Post

As a side note to this ... if you progress to working with them further, inquire about how he can integrate this with his existing nautic laugic gps paddle wheel replacement. Many of us already have that setup in place, and are not willing to buy another gps puck to feed the speedometer. I'm guessing that accounts for much of the price per he quoted you.
      Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you already have the paddle wheel input, you wouldn't have the PTubes and shouldn't need this.

Comment

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if you already have the paddle wheel input, you wouldn't have the PTubes and shouldn't need this.
        the paddle wheel only fed the perfect pass, with the pitot tubes still handling the speedometer. once you go nautic laugic gps, you disconnect the paddle wheel and feed in the gps signal instead. this still leaves u relying on the tubes for the speedometer functionality ... if your 03 was a team edition with perfect pass, it should have had the same setup from factory.
        2003 SANTE - "OG 210"

Comment

Originally posted by obd666 View Post

the paddle wheel only fed the perfect pass, with the pitot tubes still handling the speedometer. once you go nautic laugic gps, you disconnect the paddle wheel and feed in the gps signal instead. this still leaves u relying on the tubes for the speedometer functionality ... if your 03 was a team edition with perfect pass, it should have had the same setup from factory.
          Interesting. I'm learning new things. Mine is an 03 there are markings all over the boat saying it's the team edition, but it doesn't have center ballast and i'm pretty sure my paddle wheel doesn't plug into the gateway, but i'll need to investigate further.

Comment

Interesting. I'm learning new things. Mine is an 03 there are markings all over the boat saying it's the team edition, but it doesn't have center ballast and i'm pretty sure my paddle wheel doesn't plug into the gateway, but i'll need to investigate further.
            Your paddle wheel should not plug into the gateway. The perfect pass, of this era, were not integrated into the boat, there an add on. The perfect pass is completely independent of the gauges and gateway. That's why the Ptubes are needed for the gateway to feed the speed to the speedometer.

Comment

I am resigned to the fact that my gateway is playing up. I have an 05 210 team. For the last couple of years the volt gauges (both analogue & digital) have read a steady 10 volts. Today I pulled her out of the shed for a wash & run on the hose & now the analogue oil pressure is reading a flat 0.
              I have pulled the gateway & inspected internally, all is perfectly clean.
              I've also tested both battery & accessory fed power supplies & they both are live.
              Has anyone got any more suggestions?
              If not has anyone got a pic of their dash after replacing the gauges? The link in this post is dead, so I am not sure if I was looking at the right part on Nautique parts - the set I found looked pretty ordinary to put it nicely...

Comment

I just fixed the bad link. It should point to the right product now.

Current Boats —> 2024 Super Air Nautique G23 PARAGON -- 2003 Ski Nautique 196 -- 2001 Ski Nautique -- 2000 Nautique Super Sport PYTHON -- 2000 Nautique Super Sport -- 1999 Ski Nautique PYTHON -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1996 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (Twin-Engine, 1 of 13) -- 1981 Fish Nautique (Twin-Engine, 1 of 4) -- 1980 Fish Nautique (Twin-Engine, 1 of 4)
                Former Boats —> 2023 Super Air Nautique G23 --
                2022 Super Air Nautique G23 PARAGON -- 2021 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2021 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2020 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2019 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2018 Super Air Nautique G23-- 2018 SAN 210 TE -- 2017 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2016 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition2013 Super Air Nautique G232012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition -- 2007 Air Nautique SV-211 -- 2005 SV-211 -- 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition -- 2003 Air Nautique 226 -- 2003 Sport Nautique 216 -- 2003 Ski Nautique 196-- 2002 Ski Nautique-- 2001 Sport Nautique -- 2001 Ski Nautique -- 2000 Sport Nautique --1999 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1999 Air Tique 176 -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1994 Ski Nautique -- 1993 Barefoot Nautique -- 1983 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE, 1 of 4) -- 1981 Fish Nautique (SINGLE ENGINE)

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
                NautiqueParts.com - Phoenix Trailers - SkiSafe - PCM Marine Engines - PerfectPass - C&S Marine - OJ Propellers

Comment

Thanks Jeff. Has anyone got a link to the install instructions also? The one on the the nautique parts is also dead....

Comment

I just tested the metric 2.80 x 1.60 O-rings and found that my starboard transducer was sealed and gave me a speedometer reading, but the port leaked badly. I think the port transducer may be the thing that is leaking. I'm not going to take any more chances with water damaging my circuit board. I've disconnected and plugged the pitot tubes. I still need a speedometer since the PerfectPass is NOT accurate much above 28 mph (max. calibration speed) and I slalom ski behind my SV-211. If you want some of these O-rings let me know your address. I cannot offer any warrantee or guarantee that your system will not leak, since my electronic transducer turned out to be the leak source. I will not assume any liability for water damage if you use these O-rings.

Even though the lake water temperature reading is not even close to being accurate, all of the other functions on my system work perfectly and I have decided to not replace my gauge system. The existing tachometer displays system warnings and messages. This is the primary reason that I want to maintain the original system rather than replace it with the retrofit system.

I ordered a Mitsugawa WDS 02 GPS Wireless Digital Speedometer from JJC Race & Rally ( http://www.jjcraceandrally.com ) since they had the best price ($98.84 incl. shipping). It displays to the tenth of a MPH, none of the cheaper GPS speedometers have this capability. It comes with a 12 volt USB converter and a very long cord that will reach the driver's 12 volt port, but it will operate for 28 hours on one charge. It also has a suction cup mount with a flexible extension. The suction cup mount is difficult to engage and is not a robust design. I will probably end up double stick tapping the gauge somewhere, when the mount breaks. The gauge comes with a visor mount that can be modified to provide enough of a flat surface to use with double stick tape.

Comment

I've got an '03 sante that's new to me as of June. Currently all the gauges work, and everything is mostly stock except the perfect pass has been upgraded to a GPS module by the previous owner.

I don't really need the analog speedometer, and plan to plug my pickups at winterization. Can anyone give me a reason why I shouldn't just connect them to each other with a double-ended hose barb piece? It's a part that would normally be used to join two pieces of this hose mid-way, if you had to for some reason. This seems like a very simple, quick, and easily reversible way to disconnect the pitot tubes from the gateway box. I would then cap the inputs on the gateway with appropriately sized rubber caps.

Part of the reason is, the gauges work "fine" although sometimes the small gauges will act like they lost power, then regained it - you can hear them reset like when they initially turn on - and I'm hoping this isn't a sign of a failing gateway, but if it is, I'll do everything I can this fall/winter to extend its life.

Comment

Originally posted by NautiqueJeff View Post
                        I just fixed the bad link. It should point to the right product now.
                        Which link was fixed? I'm suffering to fix the issues causing the problem with the gateway AND keep a working speedometer.

Comment

Need some guidance..... I have an 05 210 Team and all the gauges work fine. I have read this entire thread and don’t know what the right thing to do? Should

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Sorry hit send to early.... should I just disconnect the 2 tubes running into the gateway box? I would rather not have to replace any gauges if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

I recommend disconnecting the pitot tubes and connecting the ends together. See my earlier post about a GPS speedometer, if you need to know the speed above 28 mph. I have correlated rpm to GPS mph and use the Perfect Pass' tachometer mode when I ski.

Comment

What are people's thoughts on using something like this to give signal to the electric stock gauge?

https://greatlakesskipper.com/745061...yABEgJ7gvD_BwE

you would only be able to hook up one pitot tube for a read out, but you could remove both tubes from the gateway this way to avoid the failure issue and would still have a working speedo. I suppose the only issue might be the output signal from this sensor may not line up with what the input that the gauge is looking for. You might be able to solve that with one of these:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/d...yABEgI0e_D_BwE

I use one of these in my custom Camaro to get the factory speedometer to work, wondering if this or something similar could be used to convert the above sensor signal to what the gauge needs. You could calibrate it using the readout from the perfectpass. Its just a screw pot to adjust the output.

Also has anyone called or talked to Faria to ask them what size o-ring they used? I understand they don't make the gateway anymore, but did they create some custom pitot tube interface for this? I would think this is the normal type of connection they would use to the back of a gauge but attached to this gateway. Therefore replacement o-rings would be available. Or am I misunderstanding how these fail and leak?

Comment

Working...
                                X