Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guys think this would be a good preventative measure?

http://www.dickblick.com/products/mo...m=0&ig_id=1579

Comment

I have just had a similar problem with dead gauges. Managed to crack the box open but no water damage. There are two power feeds one is switched and the other is constant live. I checked the later and found no power to it. Manual form Faria suggests this should have a 5amp fuse to it but I cannot find it anywhere. I have done a temp fix off the switched live just to get it going. Anybody know where the constant live connects to the battery feed or if there is an in line fuse somewhere? 2003 196. All the gauges are now fired up

Comment

Be nice to get some help on this sticky 😬

Sent from my iPhone using PLANETNAUTIQUE mobile app

Comment

All of gauges and my stereo are dead, all other features work. This is what I found similar to SkiBum the switched power (purple wire) has 12 volts when the ignition is turned on the constant voltage wire (red wire) has no power. According to the wiring diagram(see wiring diagram section on the main page) the red lead is connected to the fuse box. I found the information after I delivered the boat to my Nautique Service Center; once he finds the problem I will post.

Comment

The problem was located the previous owner had reversed the Gateway Box, the Gateway Way box was placed in its right position and the fuse button pushed and all of the gauges now work.
            Last edited by wrollema; 07-19-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

My gauges have been dead since summer of 2015. I lived with it since the Perfect Pass worked and that's all I really needed. Looking to sell the boat soon so I just ordered the gauge replacement kit from nautiqueparts.com

$877.60 after discount and including shipping. I'll post an update once I receive and install it. Here's hoping it goes smoothly.

Comment

Thought I would add this in this thread....I had similar issues over the past couple of seasons...started in 2014. No failures in 2015...total gauge failure this summer...

Okay folks, here is my update.
                Took the gateway apart. Very easy to do. Found no corrosion or evidence of water.
                Put it back together and sealed with marine silicone.
                Used a Electronics contact cleaner on all connections.
                Happy to say all gauges are back working. Ran the boat about 4 hours over the past week...all okay...
                Attached Files

Comment

Northofnine- Nice!! That's awesome and you're lucky. Are you planning on disconnecting the speedo tubes?

I can say the inside of my gateway box DID NOT look like that...corrosion everywhere. Clearly it had been a problem for a while before everything died. I'm hoping to get to the gauge replacement project this weekend.

Comment

Kmayotte....since there was no evidence of water inside, I think I will leave the speedo tubes attached!

Comment

I know this is an old thread.

I'm a new member and recently bought an 06 SAN 226. I have the Faria guages. I have a few with minor cracks in the. Depth finder is intermittent. The check engine light was coming on twice this past weekend. I'm wondering if this is all related? I thought well maybe just replacing all the guages, but it doesn't sound as easy as I thought. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Would the fact that the my gauges won't illuminate at night with any of the lights be indicative of a bad gateway, or just a bad connection to the lights? I would love to know if there is an easy way to trouble shoot this.

Comment

There is a tiny o-ring that dries out and creates the leak. The o-ring is between the pressure transducer and the brass fitting. The brass fitting comes off of the transducer very easily. The I.D. of the o-ring seals on the O.D. of the transducer. The O.D. of the o-ring seals on the I.D. of the fitting. The transducer O.D. is 0.117". The fitting I.D. is 0.223" and 0.089 deep (There is actually more axial gap available since the face of the fitting does not meet the face of the transducer). I have tried to calculate the correct replacement o-ring, but come up with too thick of an o-ring using 30% compression. I will need to contact an o-ring manufacturer to get their advice on the compression. I'll post the o-ring size when I figure it out unless somebody else already knows it or how to calculate it.

Comment

Just ordered 100 (min. order quantity) metric 2.90 x 1.78 O-rings in buna (better for freezing temperatures). July 21, 2017: I just tested these and found that my starboard transducer was sealed and gave me a speedometer reading, but the port leaked badly. I just ordered 25 metric 2.80 x 1.60 O-rings. I've disconnected and plugged the pitot tubes so that I can use the boat without a speedometer until theses arrive. I still need a speedometer since the PerfectPass is NOT accurate much above 28 mph (max. calibration speed).
                            Last edited by Triumph; 07-21-2017, 12:10 PM. Reason: Tested the 2.90 x 1.78 o-rings!

Comment

Originally posted by Triumph
                              Just ordered 100 (min. order quantity) metric 2.90 x 1.78 O-rings in buna (better for freezing temperatures).
                              I'd be happy to buy some of those from you if they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have spoken to the people at Nautic Laugic. They have told me they would be willing to build a device that fits between the Gateway and the Gauges so the PTubes can be disconnected and GPS Speed can be displayed on the speedometer. So, for those of us that would like to disconnect the PTubes and save our gateways but still get speed information on the dash there may be an option.

They wanted two things to make it happen: 1) 20 people willing to put a $125 deposit down. 2) A complete gateway and cluster to develop the product on. (donated or loaned)

His anticipated selling cost would be $260.

Feel free to PM me about this. If it looks like there is enough interest I will work on coordinating a group buy.

Comment

Working...
                                X