Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so.... i removed my gateway box to inspect it and remove the pitot tubes from it to prevent the water damage possibilty and now my temp gauge and hour meter and tach gauges are inop.

The gateway box seemed fine, i didnt get it open because it seemed very sealed and stuck so i did not want to force it, so i re-installed the box and triple checked the connectors. Got it out on the water and now have these issues, I did notice that the low RPM red light would still come on at closed throttle as designed.....I have had no problems until now with my gauges and no signs of water in the box from what I could tell.

any thoughts on what may have happened?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_454ss View Post
      The next challenge is going to see if the wife notices the new gauges or not. She already told me we don't need to spend money on the boat.....
      Did you laugh? maybe just a little (when she wasn't looking)?

Comment

Originally posted by emjayem
        so.... i removed my gateway box to inspect it and remove the pitot tubes from it to prevent the water damage possibilty and now my temp gauge and hour meter and tach gauges are inop.

The gateway box seemed fine, i didnt get it open because it seemed very sealed and stuck so i did not want to force it, so i re-installed the box and triple checked the connectors. Got it out on the water and now have these issues, I did notice that the low RPM red light would still come on at closed throttle as designed.....I have had no problems until now with my gauges and no signs of water in the box from what I could tell.

any thoughts on what may have happened?
        Figured it out... there are 3 triangular connector bungs on the box, 2 of which are unused and all the same shape. I plugged it in the wrong one.....:rolleyes:

Comment

Thank you for making this sticky post! My gauges went dead shortly after pulling my '04 from winterization. I pulled the gateway box apart and water just poured out of it. The circuit board was a mess and FULL of corrosion. Clearly this has been an issue for some time and it's finally died, somewhat surprised it took this long. I cleaned the board up as best I could dried it out and reinstalled to no avail. Gauges still dead. At least I can still operate the boat and perfect pass works. Time to start researching my next step for repair.

Has anyone had any luck finding a gateway box after market from a junk boat?? I'm ok with different dash gauges but I'd hate to lose the air/water temp, engine info and depth on the digital gauge.

Comment

Has anyone figured out exactly what seal fails, and can it be proactively replaced once in a while to prevent this from occurring?

Thanks

Comment

I wonder if there is a way to tap PP sensor and feed it into the gateway or bypass the gateway to still get the speedo to work.

Comment

Has anyone come up with a good solution for this yet? Mine is fine, but I'm half tempted to remove the pitot tubes and just use the Perfect Pass as my speedometer to avoid any issues. I talked to the company that makes GPS conversion kits, but they don't make anything for this speedometer.
                2004 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition
                1994 Ski Nautique (sold)
                1979 Ski Nautique (sold)

Comment

Kmayotte, what did you end up doing with your failed gateway? I work for a company that rebuilds circuit boards, and there's a good chance that the gateway can be rebuilt.

Comment

I have a 2005 210 SE with a tach that's not working but the hour meter is. I ordered a new tach and planned on checking the gateway as well but can't find it. I don't have digital gauges and was told by former owner that gauges were replaced and a key start ignition was added. Does anyone know if this model has the problematic gateway?
                    Last edited by Motopilot; 04-17-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiNautique2001 View Post
                      Kmayotte, what did you end up doing with your failed gateway? I work for a company that rebuilds circuit boards, and there's a good chance that the gateway can be rebuilt.
                      this is great news, and just the solution we had been looking for. hopefully someone will come forward with a dead gateway for you to test with, and maybe it won't be hard to rebuild.
                      2003 SANTE - "OG 210"

Comment

gatorgates Wheres the Gateway Box on 2004 SN196 ? IN the Aft Locker ? would this make my gas gauge fail ? I replaced the sending unit today , and still reads full. Additionally my tach gauge reads zero , and my volt meter is intermittent

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by obd666 View Post

this is great news, and just the solution we had been looking for. hopefully someone will come forward with a dead gateway for you to test with, and maybe it won't be hard to rebuild.

I haven't done anything yet. Still just living with dead gauges. I just unwrapped the boat this weekend and with a baby due in a few weeks I doubt anything will happen before the fall. If I end up replacing the failed gateway I'll message you.

Comment

Hello, I have a 2003 Sport Nautique which has the Gateway in the back and Faira Gauges. My gauges work (Have not tested the speedo yet) when I run the engine after de-winterizing it. The only problem with mine is the Hour meter say 3450 HRS. My boat has 225 HRS if I am on the high side. Anyone else have this issue?

Also with the Gateway, should I just disconnect the speed tubes and get a GPS speedometer or can I somehow isolate the pitot tubes and water from the gateway box. Sounds like these all fail, just a question of when.

Comment

I have a 2004 SN 206 Ltd. The analog portions of the Speedo and Tachometer work fine and all of the other analog gauges work fine. The water temp, depth, voltage, oil pressure that show up in the digital portion of the gauges work intermittently/randomly but I cannot use the buttons to cycle through the displays. I know these boats are prone to a bad gateway box but assume that I would be getting no signal from any of the gauges if that was the case.

Any chance anyone can verify that it is the gauges that are likely to be the issue?

Being that these likely will be unable to be returned I’m hoping not to waste the $400+ if I’m chasing the wrong problem. Thanks for any help

Comment

what seal fails? anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X