G23 Prop Fell Off .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kenv View Post
    Yeah....No doubt Wake and Lucky.....there should be something more up to date put out. I was thinking.....imagine at this years boat shows....Joe shopper and family browsing around in the G23. He opens the rear locker and there is a shaft and prop in there. "What's this?" he asks the salesman. All of a sudden....Oprah jumps up on the fancy metal steps on the Nautique display and starts yelling....."You get a new shaft"!!!....and YOU get a new shaft.....you All get new shafts.....LOL
    New for 2019 - standard 6-shooter shaft system. Break one? Just rotate to the next shaft.
    2012 SANTE 230

Comment

• LOL....can you imagine the photo for that in the New for 2019!! It would add some rear ballast for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wake.BC View Post
        Malibu runs the 2:1 on the new boats wakemakers just doesn’t update right away.

Tige runs 2:1 with a 17” prop as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
        You state your opinion as fact but without any substantiation. Tige does NOT use a 17" prop. See: https://www.wakemakers.com/tige-wake...oat-propellers
        Click on any 2018 Tige. No 17" prop. Yea, dismiss it as outdated even though its for 2018 boats. You know better... If so please share a link to substantiate you information?

And since you know so much about this problem please enlighten us with your engineering analysis for why these shafts are failing?

I guess my mistake was thinking this might be an intelligent discussion.

Comment

• If they are swinging a 17" stock prop, that is new for 2018.

Comment

• Dealer had the shaft out of our boat today to replace the strut bearing under warranty. Visual inspection looks good. : ) Kind of wonder if we should have tried talking them into replacing the shaft while we had it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by blueroom View Post
              Dealer had the shaft out of our boat today to replace the strut bearing under warranty. Visual inspection looks good. : ) Kind of wonder if we should have tried talking them into replacing the shaft while we had it out.
              IMHO...There would be no reason to believe the replacement would be any better (or worse) than the one you already have.

Comment

• Ya, hopefully I have a gooder.

Putting the new 3345 prop on that bad boy as part of the process. Don't really want to lose it. : )

Comment

• Originally posted by greggmck View Post

You state your opinion as fact but without any substantiation. Tige does NOT use a 17" prop. See: https://www.wakemakers.com/tige-wake...oat-propellers
                  Click on any 2018 Tige. No 17" prop. Yea, dismiss it as outdated even though its for 2018 boats. You know better... If so please share a link to substantiate you information?

And since you know so much about this problem please enlighten us with your engineering analysis for why these shafts are failing?

not to point out the obvious........ but you called me out earlier in this thread, about MCs not using a 17+” prop, and accusing me of not having facts...... and you posted a link to a sight that is notoriously behind on prop updates that time too.....

You were wrong, in more ways than one. And then you were wrong about Malibu’s MXZ line as well.

It just keeps repeating. Maybe don’t be so quick to accuse people of not knowing what they are talking about. Especially when you don’t actually know either. Jussayin.....

Comment

Tige RZX2 and RZX3 boats have had the 2:1 since 2017 and run the 17" props. First runs had the 16" dia from factory, but since mid-2017,....they have 17" props. All the 2:1 boats have 1 1/4" shaft.
                    You are looking at Wakemakers for prop recommendations....who plays it safe and does not update things for a while (as mentioned)
                    Here is a thread on TigeOwners if you wanna see it and/or do some research. I demoed an RZX2 & 3 in late 2017 so I knew they had 2:1 and 17" props, but you seem to want a link to substantiate.....there are countless threads on TO about the 17" props for these models, I just pulled this one up on quick search so you could see for yourself. (elevated concept in this thread is a Tige dealer)
                    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...26quot%3B+prop

Normally I could careless if you are right or wrong, but no reason to beat on your chest and talk down to people and act like you are the only one who knows anything when clearly, Nautique boats are what you keep up on, not so much other brands. I don't have a Nautique or a Tige, currently a Centurion owner....but I like to keep up with all the brands since I may end up in one of them down the road. Lot of great boats out there right now.

Comment

• Good info. I saw that they went to a 2:! transmission, 1-1/4 shaft and increased the prop hub to boat bottom distance. Makes sense that they ended up swinging a bigger prop sometime in '17.

Comment

• Originally posted by Infinity View Post

Tige RZX2 and RZX3 boats have had the 2:1 since 2017 and run the 17" props. First runs had the 16" dia from factory, but since mid-2017,....they have 17" props. All the 2:1 boats have 1 1/4" shaft.
                        You are looking at Wakemakers for prop recommendations....who plays it safe and does not update things for a while (as mentioned)
                        Here is a thread on TigeOwners if you wanna see it and/or do some research. I demoed an RZX2 & 3 in late 2017 so I knew they had 2:1 and 17" props, but you seem to want a link to substantiate.....there are countless threads on TO about the 17" props for these models, I just pulled this one up on quick search so you could see for yourself. (elevated concept in this thread is a Tige dealer)
                        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...26quot%3B+prop

Normally I could careless if you are right or wrong, but no reason to beat on your chest and talk down to people and act like you are the only one who knows anything when clearly, Nautique boats are what you keep up on, not so much other brands. I don't have a Nautique or a Tige, currently a Centurion owner....but I like to keep up with all the brands since I may end up in one of them down the road. Lot of great boats out there right now.
                        Good info, Infinity.

I just did a quick google search, and found that your info is easily verifiable. I also don’t often use wakemakers as a search engine. Google seems to work well, but apparently we aren’t “intelligent” enough, and need to switch to wakemakers for accurate answers to all of our questions.

Comment

• Thank you infinity I was on my way to post the same thing. Wakemakers sucks for prop recommendations, acmes new sight is slightly better but you really gotta talk to the guys to find out what’s best.

I had no doubt in my mind that they’re running 17 inch. Ask me why? Because I own the model previous and I am just wishing I had to the 17”

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

• Yep, 2:1, 1.25" shaft and 17" wheel on some Tige models.

Comment

My interpretation is that Nautique has fallen into the behavior that often affects successful companies. They are building as many boats as possible and selling them all at increasing prices. The management team are focused more on maximizing profit at the expense of losing touch with the customer. Why else would we have systemic shaft failures that are not publicly addressed, a $9,000 stern thruster that should cost $3,000, and an expensive powered tower that must be purchased as standard equipment? I have owned 6 Nautiques over the years and love my G23. But as a dedicated customer I am very concerned where the brand is headed.
                              Great point! Losing brand integrity can be the kiss of death. Watching Nautique grow out of touch with their customers reminds me of brands like Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren. These brands did exactly what you are describing and their quality suffered, which led to a huge hit to their brand integrity... and consumers noticed! I was starting to feel what you described above, especially since my boat had even more issues Saturday after I picked it up from the dealer. (I had to take it right back the next day and leave it.)

However, Nautique did reach out to me. I don't know if it was from me tagging them in social media with my photos of my G23 being towed in for the 6th time in two seasons, or the post I made here. In all honesty, I have limited my public posts about the long list of problems in an attempt to resolve my issues amicably. I am praying for a success story with Nautique! I have purchased products and vehicles that are considered high-end brands over the years, and those brands have always stood behind their products at a level that is unmatched. Mercedes-Benz was incredible in how they handled a lemon vehicle for me. I have purchased four (4) MBZ vehicles as a result of their brand integrity. I hold the opinion that Nautique is such a brand. How they handle my boat will determine the validity of my opinion.
                              2019 SAN G23 | 2016 SAN G23 | 2013 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2003 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2000 Wakesetter VLX | 1998 Sanger V210 | 1994 Magic Sceptor 28 | 1985 Cole TR2 | Too many PWC to count!

Comment

• Great points SoCal...I agree....BUT...as far as Nautique's brand integrity.....to me...this is the biggest dent and biggest letdown since I have been a fan and owner of 4 Nautiques. My prop has not fallen off....but in a way it has....know what I mean?. To me, and I'm sure others will agree, this shaft breaking issue should NEVER have gone past the first summer of shafts breaking without a major change to the boat, engine, or shaft itself. Here we are SIX model years later and G boats are still snapping shafts???? (Mostly G23s) You have got to be kidding!! This is not like a nail in the tire of an AMG SL63.....That's for you SoCal.....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X