G23 Prop Fell Off .....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gary s View Post
    The nut most likely did not back off- the prop seated deeper from the force pushing the boat. Bet the dealer just slaps the prop on,does not bother to seat it properly. Here is a good pictorial on how to do it,3rd block down is interesting
    Very interesting. I have never heard of using a valve compound on the shaft. I think it makes perfect sense that if the prop and shaft are not perfectly mated, it would cause breakage, but hope that the folks at Nautique would have discovered that problem long ago.

Comment

• I dis-agree. Over the years my family and friends have bent props on our Nautiques and Malibus and never "seated" the old repaired prop or brand new props. Just through that thing on the shaft, tighten the nut and YEARS later....NO issues. I don't think this has anything to do with what happened to the G shafts. Good guess though....but naw.....

Comment

• Originally posted by gary s View Post
        The nut most likely did not back off- the prop seated deeper from the force pushing the boat. Bet the dealer just slaps the prop on,does not bother to seat it properly. Here is a good pictorial on how to do it,3rd block down is interesting
        I have always done lapping when replacing a prop with a new prop. That is how I was taught by Acme and others. I assumed that everyone did. LOL!

Comment

Working...
        X