No announcement yet.

G23 Prop Fell Off .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never really commented on this issue but this is ridiculous . Especially for Nautique not to publicly address the issue of at least a major recall. Geez am I the only one that feels this way ?

I feel bad for you guys and gals out there with broken prop in middle of lake .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Correct Craft Boat
    [URL="http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/05/1e6128564805861d2625d7b7f8efd2f1.jpg"]2015 SANTE 210[/URL]

Correct Craft Boats Owned
    [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=17771&d=1340117700"]2012 SANTE 210 (Boatmate Trailer)[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=14107&d=1313460568"]2003 SANTE 210 (Dorsey Trailer)[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=14108&d=1313461675"]2007 SANTE 210 (Magnum Trailer)[/URL]

Comment

• Originally posted by lucky7t View Post
      Never really commented on this issue but this is ridiculous . Especially for Nautique not to publicly address the issue of at least a major recall. Geez am I the only one that feels this way ?

Nope I agree with you 100% . Nautique needs to publicly address the problem. They can’’t keep pushing it under the covers

Comment

• Agree, beyond what is in the warranty documentation, they should put in writing what they are willing to do for people.

Comment

• Not addressing problems head on leads to bad PR and threads like this. Worse is the damage done thru word of mouth.

We have a problem, we have a solution, this is what we are going to do to remedy the problem for those that have this issue and this is how we are preventing problems going forward. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused to our customers but rest assured we are a company that stands behind its products and with our customers.

Kind of business/life 101 don't you think?
          2018 200 Team H6
          2009 196 Team ZR 409
          2005 196 Limited ZR 375
          2003 196 Limited Excalibur
          1999 196 Masters Edition
          1995 ProStar 190 LT1 (Bayliner)
          1987 ProStar 190

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenv View Post
            Today.....friends 2018 G23. Broke in the same spot as all the others. 50 hours
            Looks like this one also has the long keyway. The new one they sent me has a shorter keyway that is below the point where the shafts are breaking.

Comment

Never really commented on this issue but this is ridiculous . Especially for Nautique not to publicly address the issue of at least a major recall. Geez am I the only one that feels this way ?

I definitely agree
              2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
              2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
              1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

• I also agree. This could be life threatening. Think of the people that use their boat in salt water bays or on major rivers. This could be a VERY dangerous situation. I can’t believe a company as reputable and renown as Nautique hasn’t done a major announcement or recall, this is BS.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCal G-Man View Post
                  Yes. The hull is thick, so it barely punched through, but still ruined another trip. Since buying this Nautique new in 2016, I have not been able to take it on a multi-day trip without some sort of problem that shortened our trip and cost thousands of dollars. Either Nautique is not the quality brand I thought it was, or this particular boat is a POS. I have lemoned two vehicles, so I know the process to go down that road. I get mine back later this week form the Havasu dealer. Hoping to have my first successful multi-day trip without a breakdown next weekend in Havasu!

Looking at the positive side, at least my boat has low hours since it is in the shop so much.
                  Sounds like you are hard on stuff... either way, I hope they make it right for you and you end up enjoying the boat.

2018 SAN 230
                  1981 Ski Nautique
                  Sold - 2011 Sport 200V
                  Sold - 2000 SAN

Comment

that's why I bought a 230 instead of a G23
                    2018 SAN 230
                    1981 Ski Nautique
                    Sold - 2011 Sport 200V
                    Sold - 2000 SAN

Comment

• Originally posted by surroundsound64 View Post

Sounds like you are hard on stuff... either way, I hope they make it right for you and you end up enjoying the boat.
                      Thank you, I appreciate it. According to the dealer, I am not hard on stuff... just unlucky with the number of issues. One of the sales guys has come out with me twice, and confirmed that I was pretty easy on my G23, and especially easy on the driveline. (I raced drag boats in the late 80s, so I know what it is like to be hard on v-drive boats. LOL!) Having Wakesetters before this and never an issue that shortened my trips, I expected the same (or better) reliability from Nautique. I am told by friends with Nautiques that it is just my boat, and it is the exception and not the rule. Hopefully next weekend in Havasu will be the breakthrough trip where my boat does not break. Fingers crossed.

2019 SAN G23 | 2016 SAN G23 | 2013 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2003 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2000 Wakesetter VLX | 1998 Sanger V210 | 1994 Magic Sceptor 28 | 1985 Cole TR2 | Too many PWC to count!

Comment

• Jeff - I dont know if it will help the cause, but do you think you could get this thread in front of someone at Nautique so they could see the overhelming concern of Nautique owners and especially G owners? This has got to be the most viewed thread on the PN site

Comment

• My interpretation is that Nautique has fallen into the behavior that often affects successful companies. They are building as many boats as possible and selling them all at increasing prices. The management team are focused more on maximizing profit at the expense of losing touch with the customer. Why else would we have systemic shaft failures that are not publicly addressed, a $9,000 stern thruster that should cost $3,000, and an expensive powered tower that must be purchased as standard equipment? I have owned 6 Nautiques over the years and love my G23. But as a dedicated customer I am very concerned where the brand is headed.
                          Last edited by greggmck; 08-07-2018, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by greggmck View Post
                            My interpretation is that Nautique has falling into the behavior that often affects successful companies. They are building as many boats as possible and selling them all at increasing prices. The management team are focused more on maximizing profit at the expense of losing touch with the customer. Why else would we have systemic shaft failures that are not publicly addressed, a $9,000 stern thtuster that should cost $3000, and an expensive powered tower that must be purchased as standard equipment. I have owned 6 Nautiques over the years and love my G23. But as a dedicated customer I am very concerned where the brand is headed.
                            Dang, well stated. Agree 100% on the maximizing of profits. that 9k stern thruster is a joke too, i've had my clients fail every time he is out and uses it for more than 30 at any time. The powered tower i wouldn't use personally. hope they can keep it together and not go the "lets get bigger bonuses for the executive board" route that is putting this country in a crap shoot.

Comment

• I would guess they discussed it at length and believe they are better off both reputation, sales and financially to just fix them as they go and not speak to it publicly, and not recall, or put out a service bulletin...

Unfortunately they are probably right on all 3 counts...ethically probably not...

Comment

• Just heard this happened to a tourist on my lake here last week. G23 on Skaha Lake in Penticton, BC. I have always wanted to upgrade my 210 to a G23 but these repeated stories have me unsure....

Comment

Working...
                                X