Fuse panel.
    Launch Pad 350's in the rear.
    Skylon locker sac.
    1.5" Thru hull fitting.
    1.5" Street elbow.
    Ball valve.
    Custom made SST manifold.
    Three SST vents.

I've also added a total of six 65lb lead bars. Two on each side in the back under the bags and two for moving around the interior. I can leave the ball valve open all the time with no problem of water getting past the pumps and into the bags. I left my boat in the water for one week with the ball valve left open while on vacation, no problem, no leak. I can switch all three pumps on at one time and the bags fill FAST! Same in reverse for emptying out the side of the boat. Each bag has it's own vent line with check valves (which aren't shown-added later).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5673.jpg
Views:	1419
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	372017

Name:	image_5674.jpg
Views:	1299
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	372018

Name:	image_5675.jpg
Views:	1332
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	372019

Name:	image_5676.jpg
Views:	1359
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	372020

Name:	image_5677.jpg
Views:	1342
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	372021

Name:	image_5678.jpg
Views:	1350
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	372022

Name:	image_5679.jpg
Views:	1445
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	372023
    Last edited by NautiqueJeff; 12-23-2014, 11:30 PM.
    Photo Album
    Ballast Install 1
    Ballast Install 2
    Amp Install
    PPass Install
    Alternator Install

Center Locker.
    Photo Album
    Ballast Install 1
    Ballast Install 2
    Amp Install
    PPass Install
    Alternator Install

Comment

Now that is a nice looking setup.
      Life is Short, Live it!
      http://www.teamcarolina.us/index.htm

Comment

Thank's FatBoy
        Photo Album
        Ballast Install 1
        Ballast Install 2
        Amp Install
        PPass Install
        Alternator Install

Comment

wake_fun,

Great timing! I am looking to do the same thing with my '97 Super Sport reall soon. I will have a 1.5" thru hull feeding three simer pumps that will go to two 440 lb. launch pad sacs in the back and a custom sac in the ski locker. I do have some questions for you though. What kind of thru hull did you use and where did you get it? Is it a flush mount thru hull or a scoop type? Also, what is the little square thing you have on the hull where you mounted the thru hull? Do you have any pictures of where you mounted the switches? I have an idea of where I want to mount mine, but I'm not sure if it will work or not. And lastly, what size of wire did you use? I was thinking 8 guage from the battery to a distribution block and then 14 guage everywhere else.

Sorry for all the questions, but I really appreciate all the help you can give me. Thanks a lot.
          2008 Super Air Nautique 210TE

Comment

Originally posted by JWAT
            wake_fun,

What kind of thru hull did you use and where did you get it? Is it a flush mount thru hull or a scoop type? Also, what is the little square thing you have on the hull where you mounted the thru hull? Do you have any pictures of where you mounted the switches? I have an idea of where I want to mount mine, but I'm not sure if it will work or not. And lastly, what size of wire did you use? I was thinking 8 guage from the battery to a distribution block and then 14 guage everywhere else.

Sorry for all the questions, but I really appreciate all the help you can give me. Thanks a lot.
            I used a 1.5" thru hull from West Marine #186546. It is a scoop type. The square thing is a piece of delrin or plastic. I used it for strength for the scoop to bolt to and also to spead the load out over a bigger area. The switches are to the right of the driver next to the coast guard plate. The wiring for the pumps are 14GA. I bought Duplex Wire 100 ft spool, West Marine model #227603. If your wondering about the fuse panel it is #3733490. You should use this to wire your pumps to and use 20amp fuses.
            Photo Album
            Ballast Install 1
            Ballast Install 2
            Amp Install
            PPass Install
            Alternator Install

Comment

If you happen to get time, it would be great to see a picture of your switches mounted in that spot. If not, it's no big deal. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by JWAT
                If you happen to get time, it would be great to see a picture of your switches mounted in that spot. If not, it's no big deal. Thanks for the info!
                Photo Album
                Ballast Install 1
                Ballast Install 2
                Amp Install
                PPass Install
                Alternator Install

Comment

I'm thinking of redoing that entire area next to the capacity plate. I'm thinking of making a new one piece plate that will fill that entire area and remount the ballast switches, kill switch, and rear locker switch to that. It will look better and more organized. The fiberglass where the ballast switches are mounted is pretty thick. For the switch mounts to fit right you have to cut down that thickness. It's still not right and sometimes the switches come out a little bit. That's why I'm thinking of cutting that area out and putting a new, thinner, plate in there to mount all these switches to.
                  Photo Album
                  Ballast Install 1
                  Ballast Install 2
                  Amp Install
                  PPass Install
                  Alternator Install

Comment

very nice, perfect timing for me as well. I am planning on putting a ballast system in my 95 SS here in the next month or two. What are you using for weight up front?? I am trying to do a 4 bag set up with a triangular bag under the raised floor in the bow. I was going to use lead, but I have to tow my boat everywhere so I'd rather put in another bag if possible. Justin, what kind of Simers and switches are you going to use??
                    Ummm, I\'ll take the REAL 210 please. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sperbet
                      very nice, perfect timing for me as well. I am planning on putting a ballast system in my 95 SS here in the next month or two. What are you using for weight up front?? I am trying to do a 4 bag set up with a triangular bag under the raised floor in the bow. I was going to use lead, but I have to tow my boat everywhere so I'd rather put in another bag if possible. Justin, what kind of Simers and switches are you going to use??
                      I have my Skylon 600 lb sac pushed all the way forward and two lead bars in the center of the walkway. If you think about it, that's 730lbs of weight from the driver forward! Sometimes I have an icechest up front or someone sitting up there. I don't worry about it. I've got 1300lbs in ballast, 390lbs in lead, a 35 gallon fuel tank, 3-5 people, ice chest, anchor, and all the other stuff. That's enough weight for me
                      Photo Album
                      Ballast Install 1
                      Ballast Install 2
                      Amp Install
                      PPass Install
                      Alternator Install

Comment

Originally posted by sperbet
                        I also tow my boat with the 6 lead bars (390lbs) no problem. I also have a tandem axle trailer.
                        Photo Album
                        Ballast Install 1
                        Ballast Install 2
                        Amp Install
                        PPass Install
                        Alternator Install

Comment

I tow my boat with 1,000 lbs. of lead with no problems.
                          Life is Short, Live it!
                          http://www.teamcarolina.us/index.htm

Comment

wake_fun, do you have a photo of the thru-hull from the bottom of the boat.?? I'd like to see where exactly it was mounted from the outside. Did you drill from the outside up or the inside down??
                            Ummm, I\'ll take the REAL 210 please. Thanks.

Comment

wake_fun,

The switches look good. I was thinking of mounting mine to the left of the steering wheel just under where all the fuses are. I think there is a little warning plate there. I don't have my boat close by, so I'm not sure if it will work or not. Do you think the switches would fit there?

sperbet,

"Simer" is actually the brand name of the pump. The model # is 8512 I believe and you can order them direct from Simer. They are a ton cheaper than the Jabsco's, but they are not ignition protected. The pumps are around $67 a piece.

About the switches. . .I called a Mastercraft dealer and they sold me the covers to the switches that are in the new Mastercraft boats for like 4 bucks a piece. These are the ones that saw "Stbrd Ballast", "Port Ballast" and "Center Ballast" on them and also have "fill" and "empty" markings on them. They will look sweet. Please note though that those were just the covers (actuators) to the switches. I am then gonna go to www.waytekwire.com and order the actual switch part. The switches are made by Carling and I am going to get the DPDT on-off-on switches that have two lights. There should be 7 terminals on the back. You can also get the mounting brackets and stuff for the switches off of that site.

Oh yeah, for the center locker sac on your boat, I would highly recommend getting a custom rectangular sac made for it. That's what I did and it holds a lot more weight than a normal sac. I calculated it and it should hold over 700 lbs. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X