No announcement yet.

1995 Super Sport Ballast install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well guys, looks like I am going to be doing the same thing to my Super Sport. Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions along the way.

Wake_fun, you mentioned that your switches came prewired for the pumps. Where did you get the switches? What are the model numbers for the pumps and where did you get them? What kind of line did you run and where did you get it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sergei-
    Player\'s Edition SSN. Pimpin\' the rest....

Comment

Hey wake_fun.......Is the part # for your Jabsco pumps, 18820-1123? If not what is the part #, and where can I find these? Thanks

Comment

Yes that is the correct part number. I have basically done exactly the same setup as Wake fun.

Comment

wviveen............Where did you purchase the pumps?

Comment

The switches came in the box with the pump, prewired as shown in the previous pictures. I don't know if they come like that anymore. I've since changed the layout of my switches and the switch covers.

Here is an old screenshot I took of the pumps from WestMarine.

Originally posted by Rock_Toy
            Well guys, looks like I am going to be doing the same thing to my Super Sport. Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions along the way.

Wake_fun, you mentioned that your switches came prewired for the pumps. Where did you get the switches? What are the model numbers for the pumps and where did you get them? What kind of line did you run and where did you get it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sergei-
            Photo Album
            Ballast Install 1
            Ballast Install 2
            Amp Install
            PPass Install
            Alternator Install

Comment

Here is a pic of the switches installed.
              Photo Album
              Ballast Install 1
              Ballast Install 2
              Amp Install
              PPass Install
              Alternator Install

Comment

I am from the netherlands so I don't think you will be buying them from the same store..
                But I think you should be able to find a dealer near you from their website.

I bought them this winter and I also had the pre-wired switches.

Comment

Dude, those pumps are $270 each and you are running THREE of them?!?! Is there a thread on here with pump options?
                  Player\'s Edition SSN. Pimpin\' the rest....

Comment

Originally posted by Rock_Toy
                    Dude, those pumps are $270 each and you are running THREE of them?!?! Is there a thread on here with pump options?
                    I got a discount from a friend, I think I paid around $150.00 each. I'd have to look for my receipt.
                    Photo Album
                    Ballast Install 1
                    Ballast Install 2
                    Amp Install
                    PPass Install
                    Alternator Install

Comment

Hey wake_fun,

I wanted to confirm something about your setup. I have hard tanks and not bags but want to replace the stock air valve setup since it never works while also getting something that does not require the ball valve to be switched constantly.

Both pumps (Jabsco and Simer) are reversible, meaning you are using them for fill and empty? Your very first post mentioned filling from the thru hull in the floor but I was surprised to see you say emptying through the side of the boat? Does your setup really pull water in from the scoop on fill and then push water out a different thru hull on empty? I would have expected that with the reversible pumps you would be pushing/pulling water from the same inlet. Am I confused on how your plumbing is setup.

Thanks,

Lorin

Comment

One pump for each bag. They fill AND empty through the same thru hull fitting on the bottom of the boat. My VENT lines empty through the sides of the boat.

Originally posted by coloradonautique
                        Hey wake_fun,
                        Both pumps (Jabsco and Simer) are reversible, meaning you are using them for fill and empty? Your very first post mentioned filling from the thru hull in the floor but I was surprised to see you say emptying through the side of the boat? Does your setup really pull water in from the scoop on fill and then push water out a different thru hull on empty? I would have expected that with the reversible pumps you would be pushing/pulling water from the same inlet. Am I confused on how your plumbing is setup.

Thanks,

Lorin
                        Photo Album
                        Ballast Install 1
                        Ballast Install 2
                        Amp Install
                        PPass Install
                        Alternator Install

Comment

Thanks.. That makes sense.

Comment

sst manifolds

First off i'm impressed w/ your handy work! wake_fun how did you make your sst manifolds & the sst vents. I have a DD w/ 400 pounds of stock ballast & its a plastic molded tank. should i get rid of the old system & start over w/ new? wondering if i could trouble you for a complete materials list & the best place to purchase parts? Thanks
                            1998 Correct Craft Air Nautique DD
                            FCT 2 by NDT
                            Teak Platform Restoration
                            Re-Carpet Trailer
                            Oxidation Removal
                            Install Automatic Ballast System
                            Re-Decal Boat
                            Interior Restoration

Comment

RE: sst manifolds

Wake fun are you still out there. I have your twin boat I'm going to under go your signature ballast Install. How do I get the hook up on that manifold? I could use some more advice on how you mounted your pumps and what not, just checkin to see if your still out there and willing to help. Thanks

Comment

RE: sst manifolds

Check out my ballast install #2........
                                Photo Album
                                Ballast Install 1
                                Ballast Install 2
                                Amp Install
                                PPass Install
                                Alternator Install

Comment

Working...
                                X