Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skylon locker sack in belly - Outer Cover off. Bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skylon locker sack in belly - Outer Cover off. Bad idea?

I have the skylon locker sack and despite my best efforts at trying to like the product, I just about want to deep-six the thing every time I have to manually drain it. It is very difficult to maneuver the thing around in the belly area of my Super Sport, and try to drain it. Filling it is less problematic. The openings on the outer cover are just too darn small.

I think my problem with it is the fact that the cover is difficult to position while draining. I can not position it in in such a way as to allow for constant pressure to be applied to the pump - and thus allow the thing to empy. I have been thinking that the best solution may be to run with the cover off, and see how it goes.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone have any strong reccomendations against the idea - or for it?

Thanks,
    Erik

RE: Skylon locker sack in belly - Outer Cover off. Bad idea?

I run a coverless sac in the ski locker of my 94 Sport without any problems. I don't see why that would be an issue.

Comment

I don't see any problem with it, but....

Get down in your compartment and check the top surfaces for exposed screws. I got down in mine and there were 3 or 4 I dremel'd off. If your skylon sack doesn't reach the top of the compartment when full, it shouldn't be as much of an issue.
      '08 Super Air Nautique 210

Comment

I never even took the cover for mine out of the box. I leave mine full all summer, on the lift, trailering, etc. No problem.
        the WakeSlayer
        1999 Super Air - Python Powered <-- For Sale
        1968 Correct Craft Mustang

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys -

Wakeslayer - you tow with the belly tank full? Is that a good idea?

Comment

Only short distances, gas station, etc
            the WakeSlayer
            1999 Super Air - Python Powered <-- For Sale
            1968 Correct Craft Mustang

Comment

I have this sac in my ski locker right now. Mine is plumbed to an automatic system though, so I have no problems. I'm currently redoing my entire ballast system so stay tuned........................it will be done this weekend.
              Photo Album
              Ballast Install 1
              Ballast Install 2
              Amp Install
              PPass Install
              Alternator Install

Comment

I dont know about your locker but the locker n my Air nautique has a rubber mat at the bottom so the sac shouldnt have any problem's. The sides and the top of the locker has some sharp fiberglass edges that will not agree with a coverless sac.
                So depending on the finish of you locker let that be your judge.

On a side note I saw a artical with photo's in a wakeboard mag a few years back where they tryed to overfill and pop the sac. The sac's were super tough and can almost be overfilled by twice there size. So Im saying the sac's are quite tough

Comment

I run my fat sac coverless in the floor compartment.
                  1973 CC Skier
                  1989 SN 2001
                  2002 SN 196
                  2005 216 Limited

Comment

Replace your sack with a Fly High Pro X Series Tube Sack. It doesn't need a cover, it's tough as ****, and the best part, it fits as if it was custom made for the locker. I bought the black styly so I don't have to worry about it getting stained our nasty looking buy having it in the locker all the time. Yellow_Flash_Colorz:

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/CTGY/...d_boat_ballast

Comment

USE these sacs, they are awesome!
                      I replaced all my sacs with the Fly High Pro X Series. I bought the V-Drive set and the regular Fat Sac for the locker instead of the Tube sac. I also bought all 1" quick disconnect fittings. The system is MUCH better now.

Originally posted by Seattle
                      Replace your sack with a Fly High Pro X Series Tube Sack. It doesn't need a cover, it's tough as heck, and the best part, it fits as if it was custom made for the locker. I bought the black styly so I don't have to worry about it getting stained our nasty looking buy having it in the locker all the time. Yellow_Flash_Colorz:

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/CTGY/...d_boat_ballast
                      Photo Album
                      Ballast Install 1
                      Ballast Install 2
                      Amp Install
                      PPass Install
                      Alternator Install

Comment

Originally posted by wake_fun
                        I replaced all my sacs with the Fly High Pro X Series. I bought the V-Drive set and the regular Fat Sac for the locker instead of the Tube sac. I also bought all 1" quick disconnect fittings. The system is MUCH better now.
                        Wakeboarding sounds expensive! Does anyone keep anything for more than 3 years?

Comment

My wakeboards, handles, and ropes are 3 years old :mrgreen:
                          My boat is now 12 years old, since it was built in 94' as a 95' model.........
                          Man would I love to have a new one.

Originally posted by Hollywood
                          Originally posted by wake_fun
                          Wakeboarding sounds expensive! Does anyone keep anything for more than 3 years?
                          Photo Album
                          Ballast Install 1
                          Ballast Install 2
                          Amp Install
                          PPass Install
                          Alternator Install

Comment

Does anybody keep a slalom more than 2 seasons? Don't they flex a lot causing the dynamics to change, hence needing a new stick quite frequently?

I think all water sports are expensive, and it stems from the want factor more than the need factor.

Comment

Working...
                            X