No announcement yet.

Wakemakers GS install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the pics. It appears that the setup is slightly different on the GS20 than the GS22. I assume this has to do with the 2' difference in boat length.
    2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

I have just bought the boat December 2019. The boat did come with pro ballast from the factory. I’ll report back early spring on the wake size. I am new to surfing, apart from a few outings on a friend of mine’s MasterCraft X24 (I think).
      Thanks

BTW will Hero 8 connect to the LINC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wakemakers used my boat to mock up the new system. they installed mine late November. I didn't take any pics as I was just in a hurry to get my boat back under cover before a storm moved in.

I can tell you though, the 800# bags make the wave very big. a decent surf wave (with factory pro-ballast), became a great wave. I can't compare to G because I have never been behind a G, but I can surf this thing just fine and everyone who has surfed my boat thinks it is great!
        I had temporary 800s from wakemakers before the new system.

also, if you set your linc screen to have quagga filters installed, the ballast pumps run longer and actually fill the bags without having to recycle them!
        Last edited by kylant; 01-21-2020, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kylant View Post
          wakemakers used my boat to mock up the new system. they installed mine late November. I didn't take any pics as I was just in a hurry to get my boat back under cover before a storm moved in.

I can tell you though, the 800# bags make the wave very big. a decent surf wave (with factory pro-ballast), became a great wave. I can't compare to G because I have never been behind a G, but I can surf this thing just fine and everyone who has surfed my boat thinks it is great!
          I had temporary 800s from wakemakers before the new system.

also, if you set your linc screen to have quagga filters installed, the ballast pumps run longer and actually fill the bags without having to recycle them!
          what are quagga filters?

Comment

Originally posted by GA_Skier32 View Post

could you have just replaced that short piece of hose coming through the divider with a slightly longer hose and avoided drilling the 3" hole?

Comment

Originally posted by mcosub View Post

what are quagga filters?
              i am guessing they are little filters they put inside the line somewhere to prevent quagga mussels from entering the system.
              changing the setting in the Linc, increases the pump run time

Comment

I need to make sure I understand what I’m seeing in those pics.

all they did was “T” in to the hose feeding the OEM bags... just before the hose goes under the deck.... and it’s T’d off to an extra auxiliary bag laid in the locker?

will this work well? Does it generally fill the OEM bag first because it’s lower? Will this drain both bags reliably?
                2019 G23 450
                2014 G23 550
                2013 G23 450
                2011 Malibu Wakesetter 247
                2007 Yamaha AR210

Comment

Once the bag is full, it fills the whole width of the compartment. The 3” hole allows the bag to fill completely and not squeeze the sharp edges of the clamp between the bag and compartment wall. These bags were installed in place of the factory “pro ballast.” They fit perfect, just need to drill a 3” hole in the compartment wall..

Comment

OP, are you saying now that Wakemakers remade these I should be able to buy and actually plug and play? Or is there more to this?

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by CTNautique View Post
                      OP, are you saying now that Wakemakers remade these I should be able to buy and actually plug and play? Or is there more to this?

Yes.
                      They used my boat as a template. I will get into the boat today and take pics.
                      I have not fully investigated it yet, as I just pulled the boat out of storage last week, then it snowed for 2 days.
                      I intend to have the boat on the water this week

Comment

Ok send them over when you can. Thx.

Comment

I just received my bags and will be switching out this weekend and hopefully hitting the water

Comment

Originally posted by idahosan View Post
                            I just received my bags and will be switching out this weekend and hopefully hitting the water
                            Let us know your thoughts when you do. Thanks.

Comment

still haven't gotten into the boat other things have gotten in the way. hopefully tomorrow

Comment

I'm also curious how long it takes to fill the wakemaker bags as I find that it take quite a long time on the pro ballast.

Comment

Working...
                                X