Wakemakers GS install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakemakers GS install

has anyone upgraded their GS with pro ballast to the wakemakers kit?
    I have a '19 GS22 with pro ballast and just received the wakemakers kit upgrade.
    I was just at the boat to do the install, but there is no way what I received was going to work. I think I may have received the wrong bags.
    I talked to the guys at wakemakers yesterday just to get an idea about what the install would take. they said it would be a simple disconnect/remove, install reconnect new bags.

what I am dealing with is this: there is no way the fill/drain port (bottom center of bag) will connect to the fill drain line on the boat. there is no slack in the factory hose. the factory hose connects to a thru fitting on the engine divider, then goes into the stock bag. i need an additional 6-8" of hose to make a connection to the wakemakers bag.
    this is the same on both sides. something is not right.

who has done this install and what did your kit look like?

thanks in advance

Can u upload a picture of what your got sent? I did the i stall on 2 x gs20 from 2018 and it was pretty easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinloch View Post
      Can u upload a picture of what your got sent? I did the i stall on 2 x gs20 from 2018 and it was pretty easy.
      i will.
      those boats didn't have pro ballast, did they?

Comment

pics
        Attached Files

Comment

I also got 4 quick connect elbows for connecting to the factory hoses.

Comment

Post pics of the hoses Wakemakers sent. That's what we actually need to see.
            2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Originally posted by Evening Shade View Post
              Post pics of the hoses Wakemakers sent. That's what we actually need to see.
              i only received 2 bags and 4 quick connect elbows, no hoses.
              i am actually moving to where Wakemakers are located, i am going to take boat and setup there so we can figure it oit

Comment

Originally posted by kylant View Post

i only received 2 bags and 4 quick connect elbows, no hoses.
                i am actually moving to where Wakemakers are located, i am going to take boat and setup there so we can figure it oit
                Oh ****, you need the hoses. They are the heart of the piggy back system.

Comment

Originally posted by Evening Shade View Post

Oh ****, you need the hoses. They are the heart of the piggy back system.
                  that's what it definitely seems like. I need about 6-8" of hose length to make them work.
                  since I already have pro ballast, I (we) thought it would be a simple plug and play and I wouldn't need any more parts.
                  We will get it figured out

Comment

You need a heat gun to warm up the hoses. At least on my boat I did. Absolutely impossible with out it.

Comment

update:

I took the boat to Wakemakers yesterday. Backed it into their shop/showroom and we all took a look.
                      It appears that Nautique made some changes to the pro ballast bags and how they install them.
                      The immediate solution was to get me some hoses/clamps etc... to get me on the water this weekend.
                      The long term solution is a new kit.
                      They are using my boat as a "template" to create a new bag configuration for the GS boats.
                      They are working on them now. Should be ready soon.

They installed the hoses and bags for me so I didn't have to do it.
                      While they were doing that, another employee showed me around the facility, showed me how they make bags, etc...

Their customer service was/is superior. I feel they went above and beyond. Everyone was great, top notch.
                      I appreciate that. Great company!

Comment

I just installed the wakemakers bags in my 2019 GS22. I drilled a 3” hole in the engine compartment divider where the original 1.25” hole was and the factory hose was able to be clamped to the drain/fill port without the elbow. I did used the elbow on the vent port. I ordered the bags around mid December 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GA_Skier32 View Post
                          I just installed the wakemakers bags in my 2019 GS22. I drilled a 3” hole in the engine compartment divider where the original 1.25” hole was and the factory hose was able to be clamped to the drain/fill port without the elbow. I did used the elbow on the vent port. I ordered the bags around mid December 2019.

Can you post some pics?

Where do you boat in GA?

Comment

Comment

GA_skier, please let us know your impressions once you get her in the water. Please also let us know, with the impressions, whether you had pro ballast. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X