X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump for Bogusdogs

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

• So incredibly helpful everyone. I just got a 2014 with stick ballast and can’t surf the wake at all. Nice to hear that to be functional you need AT LEAST the pro ballast.

That said, looking to get either the piggy back or remove the hard tanks and go 1100. I know people have discussed both, but does either outweigh the other (seriously no pun intended). I don’t want to waste a weekend looking for the right fittings and waiting to have the right/wrong ones shipped. So any exact “this is what you need” will help.

At this point, I plan on lead up front since I have access to it and it seems very functional. We trailer our boat so can leave a ton (literally) of extra weight in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The best thing you can do here is work with Wakemakers to get you exactly what you need. I don't really know if there's any huge advantage to taking the hard tanks out and going with bags. Seems like the same as just adding either the Pro Ballast or some other bag on top. That's all the Pro Ballast option is. It's a 400 pound bag piggy-backed on top of the hard tank.

-Charles

Comment

• Charles, maybe you can answer this. I have a chance to get some bags and hoses (and pumps) that were made for a g23. They are 1000 lbs. but I know I don’t have to totally fill them, but is this just trying to make something. Work that won’t. I called wakemakers and was in the Boone with a guy that didn’t know too much about any of it. He was just reading from the same website I was.

If the lockers on a g23 are the same as a ‘14 san230 I guess that helps. But that I don’t know the answer too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogusdogs View Post
            Charles, maybe you can answer this. I have a chance to get some bags and hoses (and pumps) that were made for a g23. They are 1000 lbs. but I know I don’t have to totally fill them, but is this just trying to make something. Work that won’t. I called wakemakers and was in the Boone with a guy that didn’t know too much about any of it. He was just reading from the same website I was.

If the lockers on a g23 are the same as a ‘14 san230 I guess that helps. But that I don’t know the answer too.

So no, the lockers aren't the same size but that really doesn't matter that much for what you're trying to do. Just put them in and add some water. Watch your engine divider panels! Most people that have gone to bigger bags have to add reinforcements to those panels so they don't bow in towards the engine.

You'll probably find that the 230 surfs best with those bags NOT totally filled. It's easy to overweight these boats to the point the NSS plate is under the water. At that point, the wake gets worse instead of better.

-Charles

Comment

• Ended up getting 750s this winter. will order a bag for the bow overflow... wakemakers doesn't make it easy however... 5 bag options and when you call in, it's as much help as the website. I know there are a few that are over the seating but ****...

Below is an image partially filled with air.. because all the launches are closed and yeah... no more bins
              Click image for larger version

Name:	fatsac.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	603701

Comment

• Are you going to add any reinforcement to the engine panels? I ordered the ones from wakemakers. Although, I think adding some plywood 1/2 the way up would suffice too.

Comment

• So I ended up getting the 650 piggy backs on the stock hard tanks. I don't have trays so have extra room. But with the 650 bags, I am pretty sire you could have the trays. Great place for wet towels or extra life jackets. Anyway I have about 400lbs of steel in the bow and I am assuming, after reading so much, that steel would be better placed on the hard tanks with the ballast bags on top. (300 port/200 Starboard seems to be the standard...,or 250/150 for what I have). Yes? Probably need to add a bit more too. We have a very light crew...wife, daughter, and 9 year old son. But summer will likely see an addition of some more "friendly" ballast.

One question I do have is, doesn't the board you ride have a lot to do with the success, or perceived success, of your wake? I mean, if you are a small and light person, and you are on a fairly long board, that wake could feel amazing. But you put a 6'3" person at 230 lbs, it's not going to be enough. I am 6'2" and 175 lbs and some boards make every wake amazing, and other boards just don't move fast enough

Comment

• Yes, with 650's you will still have a little room left over for stuff. It's the 740's that fill the compartment completely.

I do run 100 pounds more on the port side to fight the prop rotation. Experiment with that weight up front. I ended up taking it out and using it under the seats instead.

Comment

• Charles, are you still running the weight in the same configuration as the pic you posted awhile back...with about 300 varied mid, 50 in the nose, and 250 in port and starboard lockers?

Comment

One question I do have is, doesn't the board you ride have a lot to do with the success, or perceived success, of your wake? I mean, if you are a small and light person, and you are on a fairly long board, that wake could feel amazing. But you put a 6'3" person at 230 lbs, it's not going to be enough. I am 6'2" and 175 lbs and some boards make every wake amazing, and other boards just don't move fast enough
                        Yes and no. A larger board will help someone find push easier. But we’re talking 230s here. The 230 has an ungodly amount of push of set up even moderately well. The benefit to that is I don’t need a large board to surf it. I’m 6’2” and weight just north of 210lbs. I can ride my kids sized Ronix Potbelly behind my 230. I guess my point is if you’re struggling behind a 230 it’s not your board. But I’d still rather ride my doomswell neo over the LF rocket I teach people to get up with.

Comment

Charles, are you still running the weight in the same configuration as the pic you posted awhile back...with about 300 varied mid, 50 in the nose, and 250 in port and starboard lockers?
                          Pretty much. I moved the 50 pounds in the nose back to the port side under the seats. The wake did not improve when I moved it to the nose.

Comment

• USPS loves me for this order!

I upgraded my 2019 230 with wakemaker 650's. I saw a nice bump in push and height. Now, I'm pretty stoked to add in the extra 500 with lead bags to replicate the suggestions on this thread. I'm 6'6" 250lbs, so I'll buy all the push I can get!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3402.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	609920

Comment

• Nice! That’s exactly what I have. USPS really loves those one rate boxes

Comment

• You’re going to love the added weight! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Working...
                                X