2016 G23 with Factory Polk system, head unit and amps wont power on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 G23 with Factory Polk system, head unit and amps wont power on

Just had boat dewinterized by dealer. I guess they dont check to see if the stereo powers on. We did our own water test and discovered that the stereo nor amps wont power on. The batteries both seem charged and the rest of the boat systems seem to work fine. Is there a breaker or fuse I can check? I just dont know where to start.

I checked the forums and found no answers to this question. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've found that typically this type of issue is caused either by someone not connecting all the cables to the battery (this is usually me in my case), or a tripped breaker. Pick which one you want to go after first. According to the owner's manual which you can download here if you don't have one,

https://nautique.com/models/owners-manuals

the fuse panel is under the driver's dash. If the radio doesn't have power, most likely the amps will not show power either as the head unit sends a signal typically via a blue wire to the amps to power on. If you find no joy here, go over the battery cable installation very closely to ensure all the cables were attached. Many boat power schemes will separate the house and/or stereo power source from the starting circuit on dual battery installations. This would allow the boat to start / run fine without the stereo coming on if that connection were missed. Ask me how I know......

Comment

How do you get to the fuse panel under the steering wheel? bturner

Comment

Attached is a picture of my breaker panel. It has nothing noting stereo. So which do I try to reset?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-09 072946.png
Views:	32
Size:	377.5 KB
ID:	675158
        Attached Files
        Last edited by sarasetp; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sarasetp View Post
          Attached is a picture of my breaker panel. It has nothing noting stereo. So which do I try to reset?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-09 072946.png
Views:	32
Size:	377.5 KB
ID:	675158
          Yours is the 150 amp breaker with the yellow flag. you can swing the yellow flag up and towards the left, but it is not tripped currently. meaning that something else is going on. check if the PDM #1 or #2 has a fuse or breaker for stereo

Comment

Also go to the battery and see if there are any cables that did not get connected.

Comment

Working...
            X