JL Head Unit and Transom Remote Retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JL Head Unit and Transom Remote Retrofit

Has anyone had the 2018 head unit and transom remote retrofitted to a 2017 yet? I am about to do so, and was curious if a "flash" was required to allow the Link Panoray to "talk" with the new head unit. Thanks.

Originally posted by RDT-G23 View Post
    Has anyone had the 2018 head unit and transom remote retrofitted to a 2017 yet? I am about to do so, and was curious if a "flash" was required to allow the Link Panoray to "talk" with the new head unit. Thanks.
    We're still waiting on someone to bite the bullet and do this. You will most certainly have to have the LINC reprogrammed to talk to the JL Head Unit.

-Charles

Comment

I have been waiting and waiting for it to be available........ was told late August, then September. Now just being told it's not quite ready yet. Hopefully soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayward View Post
        I have been waiting and waiting for it to be available........ was told late August, then September. Now just being told it's not quite ready yet. Hopefully soon.
        So the part that's not quite ready yet... is that the LINC firmware/software needed to talk to the JL Head Unit?

-Charles

Comment

I heard it's the cable

Comment

Subscribing...

Comment

subscribed and waiting

Comment

i'm wondering if it is going to use the NMEA port on the back of the JL MM100. dock mate is waiting on his 2018, i'll try and get some pics and verify.

Comment

Still waiting on dock mates 2018 to be delivered. looking like late January at the earliest. as soon as it get delivered i will try to get under the dash.

Comment

Awesome, man. We're all really curious about this. I don't exactly hate the Polk HU I have now, but it isn't great either...

-Charles

Comment

The important thing for all who want to retrofit-(mine will be done in the early spring)-is that you will lose two discreet zones from the Polk set up. In other words, I have 6 zones with the Polk; two of them will be combined with the JL, as it doesn't have as many zones. I don't mind, but wanted to make sure everyone understands that the cockpit may be combined with the dash-(for instance)...

Comment

The JL head unit has four independent zones. They are labeled cockpit, bow, dash, and tower in the link system.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by Kporsch View Post
                          The JL head unit has four independent zones. They are labeled cockpit, bow, dash, and tower in the link system.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
                          I can’t remember all six of mine, but right off the bat see (given your post) that I’’ll lose discrete control of the sub. The sub is it’s own zone on the Polk. I’’ll have to figure out what other zone I’’ll lose..

Comment

1) woofer
                            2) tower
                            3) bow/dash
                            4) main cabin

This is how I would go from 6 to 4 zones.

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
                              1) woofer
                              2) tower
                              3) bow/dash
                              4) main cabin

This is how I would go from 6 to 4 zones.
                              I wouldn't necessarily argue with you there at all; the question is, will I have the latitude to make this call? Anyone, anyone - - Bueller? I like the ability to control the subs by themselves, and do not wish to give this up...
                              Last edited by RDT-G23; 12-20-2017, 06:35 PM. Reason: More stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X