No announcement yet.

Wake Surf Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been very happy with my Lib Tech, it rides like an actual surfboard. It depends on the style you want. I prefer surf so I stick to surf style. The quads are nice for generating speed, twins are super loose, thruster for grip while turning

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

So what's a good surfstyle board? Might ask for one for Christmas.

Comment

Lib tech krackin', Phase 5 has several options like the Swell, and ronix flyweight

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Waveslayer; 11-18-2022, 02:05 PM.

Comment

aerojust -For surf style, I like the Doomswell boards. I have a Nubstep and a Falcon. I personally like the Falcon a little better. Just my opinion.
          Last edited by Badfoot; 11-18-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I haven't ridden a lot of boards, but my favorite right now is a Hyperlite Automatic.

Comment

We ride soulcraft for surf style and also a phase 5 venom (really fun and agile board). Phase 5 for skim style all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

we havealways run a hyperlite broadcast for beginers but recently purchased a ronix m50 and ronix koal for my smaller wofe. i now put beginners on the m50 and they seems to do really well. so well that i sold the slower broadcast and we love the 2 blard quivwr

Comment

I’m having a fun summer with our new 2016’ G23. Added 500lbs of steel shot bags. I’m 5’11” , 220lbs and surfing a Ronix Classic Fish 5’6”, but I’m looking for something that will still float my size but will rip a little harder. Any suggestions for me? Thanks

Comment

We just picked up a liquid force quest. This is a pretty high-end carbon fiber surfstyle board. Ours is a 4'7". This thing rips. It is so much fun to ride and super fast. I am around 185 and have no issues on this size. Maybe size up to the larger 4'11". Specs say the 4 7 and the 4 11 are both good up to 240.

For comparison by buddy has an old classic fish 5 6 that came with his boat. I have ridden it a few times and it is so slow and no fun. Like riding on a log we pulled off the river bank. The quest is a whole nother animal.

https://www.liquidforce.com/quest/56...ctiveTab=tab:3

Comment

Phase 5 ahi is a nice board. We too ride the soulcraft and love them….but they are custom for us so that may make the difference. Off the shelf, Ahi is an excellent surf style board that all can ride and will like.

Comment

Nice! That Quest looks sweet. I just got off the water and was able to try my buddy’s Soulcraft Superfly 4’8”. It floated me just fine and definitely ripped! I could see maybe going up one size just to have a little more nose to push harder out of the flat back up to the top of the wave. But overall, an amazing experience versus the big Koal Fish…

Comment

Soulcraft voodoo

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Ian S
                          2014 SANTE. NSS. Pro balllast. Boatmate trailer
                          2004 SANTE. 4000 lb ballast, 2013 graphics (prev). Ramlin trailer
                          2009 Moomba Outback (prev). Boatmate trailer

Comment

I called Nate at Montana Wake Co to see if he had any Soulcraft boards in stock. It turned out he had many, and after describing my size, wave, and experience, he put me on a 4’8” Voodoo. I took it out yesterday and surfed behind my boat and a friend’s 24MXZ. My friend has a 4’8” Superfly so it was fun to compare the two Soulcraft sticks. The Voodoo definitely has a hard rail compared to the Superfly. I’d call it an 80/20. The tail box is big, and the nose is fairly light on volume. M

For my 220# self, the Voodoo was much faster than the Superfly. It took a little getting used to, and I was pearling a bit before I set my feet father back. You can really get way back on this board with that box design. It buttered and slid very easily when you take it off the rail, and it spun just fine. I’m stoked on the Voodoo, but the sub 200# dudes I was surfing with thought it was too big for them- they’d probably be happier with a 4’6” in this Soulcraft shape.

Credit to Big Pun for calling it.
                            Last edited by MBA; 08-16-2023, 08:20 AM.

Comment

It's a voodoo 48

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Ian S
                              2014 SANTE. NSS. Pro balllast. Boatmate trailer
                              2004 SANTE. 4000 lb ballast, 2013 graphics (prev). Ramlin trailer
                              2009 Moomba Outback (prev). Boatmate trailer

Comment

Working...
                              X