2003 SANTE - First Nautique, sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willnich77 View Post
    Congrats! I am basically in the same position. Found the same boat but the direct drive 206! Wanted the direct drive for a few reasons. The color scheme is even the same. 350 hours. Been waiting YEARS and kids are finally big enough to enjoy it. Picking up Friday and surprising my kids (been teaching them behind a seadoo) so I'm SUPER excited!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using PLT Nautique mobile app
    Wow, no kidding! Pics, please!

If it were entirely up to me, I might have gone for the direct drive. I could really go either way, and I do have a lot of friends with smaller tournament boats when I want to ski. My wife was NOT on the fence about a v-drive, so that pushed us that direction - fine with me, there are definite advantages. I'm hoping to get at least my older kid (he'll be 5 in August) up on skis or some such thing this year; even if it's dragging along the beach or behind the whaler so it's less intimidating. But we'll see.

While I might not ever sell this boat, when the kids aren't using the boat anymore I'd like a Paragon. Or maybe I'll build my own from a 90's hull. Anyway, congrats and post some pics!

Comment

Picked up the boat Saturday in cloudy drizzle. By the time we got home it was like this, and we spent most of the weekend in the boat. My family absolutely loves it, and I have never gotten so many long looks, head turns, etc. as today in this boat. The dog loves it, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2473.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	526725Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2480.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	526726Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2475.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	526727

Comment

What bimini is that please, and does it fold??? So jealous of that gel scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by dhanni848
          What bimini is that please, and does it fold??? So jealous of that gel scheme.
          I don't know much about the bimini other than I believe it was a factory or dealer installed option. Others may know better on that. It doesn't fold which means it's staying up pretty much all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by functionoverfashion View Post

I don't know much about the bimini other than I believe it was a factory or dealer installed option. Others may know better on that. It doesn't fold which means it's staying up pretty much all the time.
            Got it thank you. Hate my under tower, such a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by dhanni848 View Post

Got it thank you. Hate my under tower, such a pain.
              It that because it hits you in the head all the time? In my old Supra, I had it VERY low, but that was because a) the tower was a bit narrower, so I wanted as much shade as possible which also meant low bimini and b) it was a closed bow, so you didn't have to walk through anyway. But it was very.. "cozy" in there. Nice for night cruising, cool days, keeping the kids in the shade, etc. but I also really wanted it OFF at night for sky viewing and just generally more light and openness. But it was a hassle, so it stayed.

Now that I've had friends in the SAN they're finally admitting to me how much they didn't like the low bimini in the Supra. I could care less, I liked it; but yeah, being able to walk under it is nice, and because it's full-width, it gives good shade AND because it's so high, it doesn't feel as cramped at night.

The new owners of my boat said they'd be going under a low bridge every time they go out, "so, like, how hard is it to fold the tower down with the bimini on?" I'm like, "I don't know I haven't folded it down in 4 years." Good luck!

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	526980

Comment

It that because it hits you in the head all the time? In my old Supra, I had it VERY low, but that was because a) the tower was a bit narrower, so I wanted as much shade as possible which also meant low bimini and b) it was a closed bow, so you didn't have to walk through anyway. But it was very.. "cozy" in there. Nice for night cruising, cool days, keeping the kids in the shade, etc. but I also really wanted it OFF at night for sky viewing and just generally more light and openness. But it was a hassle, so it stayed.

Now that I've had friends in the SAN they're finally admitting to me how much they didn't like the low bimini in the Supra. I could care less, I liked it; but yeah, being able to walk under it is nice, and because it's full-width, it gives good shade AND because it's so high, it doesn't feel as cramped at night.

The new owners of my boat said they'd be going under a low bridge every time they go out, "so, like, how hard is it to fold the tower down with the bimini on?" I'm like, "I don't know I haven't folded it down in 4 years." Good luck!

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	526980
                It isn't so much of the low aspect since I do like that it gives more shade, actually keeps me from knocking my head on my tower cans all the time. The issues is putting it up and taking it down. It is made to fold and strap to the rear of the tower, but since I have speakers on the tower it will not fold. I have to unsnap, unclip the entire bimini, spin it around in the boat, clip back in to the tower, then put it up on the back. With people on the boat is is a PITA! Last boat I had a large over tower that didnt fold. It was awesome other than towing faster than 55 I had to unvelcro it. I will keep looking for an over tower that folds easy .

Comment

Originally posted by functionoverfashion

Wow, no kidding! Pics, please!

If it were entirely up to me, I might have gone for the direct drive. I could really go either way, and I do have a lot of friends with smaller tournament boats when I want to ski. My wife was NOT on the fence about a v-drive, so that pushed us that direction - fine with me, there are definite advantages. I'm hoping to get at least my older kid (he'll be 5 in August) up on skis or some such thing this year; even if it's dragging along the beach or behind the whaler so it's less intimidating. But we'll see.

While I might not ever sell this boat, when the kids aren't using the boat anymore I'd like a Paragon. Or maybe I'll build my own from a 90's hull. Anyway, congrats and post some pics!

I'll work on some pics. Got it out once, but we have serious flooding here in northern IL so it's going to be out of the water a while unfortunately. In the meantime I'm doing some if the things I was going to do this winter. Just replaced the stereo to have Bluetooth. Think I'm going to replace speakers (looking into what to buy now) and add an amp. Think it's going to be a few weeks so I may work on waxing and bringing back color in a few faded spots. Sucks not to be able to get out but at least I can do these things while I wait. It's killing me!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using PLT Nautique mobile app

Comment

Got the boat buffed over the winter to combat the inevitable fading that occurs with this coloring. Also got new bow numbers from Jeff, I'm pretty happy with how they came out. The old ones were above the rub rail and they were starting to peel as they were domed and didn't like the bend they had to make.

Pics are not the best. I'm hoping to get some better ones soon, while it's all shiny and pretty on the outside. Haven't really cleaned the inside yet, it's... not pretty.

Name:	IMG_4477.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	554846Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4481.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	554847Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4485.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	554850Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4480.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	554851Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4482.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	554849

I didn't nearly complete my spring punchlist, but I did get a few things done that would have been much worse with the boat in the water. It's been beautiful here this week but my pesky job has been keeping me from getting out at all.
                    Attached Files

Comment

said it before and say it again, love this boat

Comment

said it before and say it again, love this boat
                        Thanks... I really couldn't be happier. I've got a few projects to tackle, then it will be routine upkeep for a while, hopefully. I was at that point with my old boat for the last 3-4 years I had it - it was nice not having a long list of projects! But less fun... right? Riiight.

Comment

You get rid of the bimini or just havent put it back on?

Comment

It's just not on yet. I really prefer having it off, but it's SO nice to have mid-summer when it's really hot, I just end up never taking it down. I'll wait as long as possible.

At least being over the tower it doesn't get in the way... I never thought I'd like the over-tower setup, but it's so practical, and still works pretty well.

Comment

It's just not on yet. I really prefer having it off, but it's SO nice to have mid-summer when it's really hot, I just end up never taking it down. I'll wait as long as possible.

At least being over the tower it doesn't get in the way... I never thought I'd like the over-tower setup, but it's so practical, and still works pretty well.
                              I was hoping to trade you for an under tower

Comment

I was hoping to trade you for an under tower
                                Haha, well sorry to get your hopes up then.

Comment

Working...
                                X