Steering assist stopped working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering assist stopped working?

Have 45 hours on our g23 and today we somehow got the wakeboard line wrapped up in the steering assist propeller. We cut it out and it worked fine for about another hour. Then it stopped working. Seemed to of maybe made a slightly louder operating sound after the mishap? The propeller turns fine and isn’t bound up.

I thought maybe a fuse or a breaker but I didn’t see one for the SA under the steering wheel. I’m taking to dealer for service soon but wondered if I’m missing something obvious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In case anyone else has this happen and it comes up in a search etc, it was the remote sending unit that sends power to the thruster from the battery. It went bad. Dealer replaced and works fine now.

They also adjusted the steering sensor on the rudder so it will track straight and have equal thrust left and right (which it didn’t before)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wonderful fix tonight on a 2019 G25 courtesy of the Chandlery Discovery Bay.
      1) Turn off the boat.
      2) Make sure all of the line is clear and thruster prop spins freely.
      3) Disconnect the negative terminal of the starboard battery,
      4) Wait 60 seconds, reconnect it.

Restart the boat and voila, mine worked again!

Comment

ShawonC thanks for this note, my SA has been out and this fixed it at least for today. Clearly there is an underlying issue, did your dealer provide any insight into what be the root cause of this issue? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X