Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas

Gas consumption
    Hi, I am looking at buying a super sport 1998. Could anyone help me figure out what the gas consumption would be on average? We would like to do some wakesurfing mainly. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

A lot. If you are worried about gas consumption you need to explore other entertaining options other than boating and water sports in general

Comment

Thanks for that. I already have a bayliner and spend quite a lot on gas. It’s not about no wanting to spend on it but have a general idea if it’s going to be way more or not basically. Would you know if it’s 10l/h or more 20?

Comment

Plan on 6 gallons an hour and that ought to put u in the ballpark for surfing, cruising, and wakeboading with ballast.

Kyle

Comment

I previously owned a Super Sport 210 with the 5.8 Ford GT40 and would average around 3 to 4 gallons an hr surfing and 6 to 7 gallons per hr at wakeboard speeds using Acme 1464 prop and 1500 to 2000 lbs ballast. The 3800-4000 rpms at wake speed with that prop almost doubled consumption over surf speeds.

Comment

Thanks for that. Super helpful. What year was your boat?

Comment

2001 Only negative I could give is a little short on space with more than four people and gear when all the space is used for ballast. Great boats for sure. Good luck

Comment

What do you exactly use as ballast system? How do you place them on the boat? Don’t you put them on the space next to the engine?

Comment

Yes, 750# bags on either side of the engine, 500# in the ski locker, and a few hundred under the bow.

Kyle

Comment

Would any of you could share videos or picture of what the wave look like with your system? Would be amazing! I bought the boat - winter will be so long!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sjimbert View Post
                      Thanks for that. I already have a bayliner and spend quite a lot on gas. It’s not about no wanting to spend on it but have a general idea if it’s going to be way more or not basically. Would you know if it’s 10l/h or more 20?
                      IME, moving from a runabout (like a Bayliner) to a wake boat increases fuel consumption simply due to the fun factor and the amount of time you are pulling. Add ballast and consumption increases more. Add surfing, and consumption increases more.
                      2019 SAN G23 | 2016 SAN G23 | 2013 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2003 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2000 Wakesetter VLX | 1998 Sanger V210 | 1994 Magic Sceptor 28 | 1985 Cole TR2 | Too many PWC to count!

Comment

Working...
                      X