No announcement yet.

G23 Actual Gross Weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a bigger truck. I would be more worried about how far over GCWR on the yukon xl you are than the trailer, especially with a car load of family amd stuff headed to the lake.

Comment

I have seen this often. I don't know why so many places spec a trailer that is right at (or close) to the total weight cap. I do not know anyone that doesn't carry at least some gear in the boat while trailering. I know trailers are engineered with a safety factor, but in reality it is what the 'official' weight rating for that package, that a LEO or attorney will look into in the unfortunate event of an accident. Not to mention that a trailer that is 'overbuilt' may last you longer in the long run, at the same time being safe, and probably for a very small difference in price. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by mjp2222 View Post
        You need a bigger truck. I would be more worried about how far over GCWR on the yukon xl you are than the trailer, especially with a car load of family amd stuff headed to the lake.
        My Silverado 3500HD CC/LB 4WD Duramax is our primary G hauler. The XL has upgraded sway bars, shocks and brakes to help with safer handling and stopping, but it is pushing it’s limit. I am looking at the 2016 and newer Suburban 3500HD or an Excursion conversion on a 2016 Superduty.
        2019 SAN G23 | 2016 SAN G23 | 2013 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2003 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2000 Wakesetter VLX | 1998 Sanger V210 | 1994 Magic Sceptor 28 | 1985 Cole TR2 | Too many PWC to count!

Comment

Working...
        X