No announcement yet.

2002 Nautique 196

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is strange because the GT40 was not available in 2003 boats.
    Ski on dude!

Comment

Got the boat out of storage today. Jeff, thanks for the tip on the rear locker button, a wire had fallen off. Works now!

Unfortunately the boat won't run... When I dropped it in the lake, hit the starter and it would turn over but not fire.. Over the winter I had the mechanic replace the speakers and headunit along with a few other things. While they were testing the stereo they didn't have the battery in the boat but instead powered it via battery charger. I was there when they powered it up and it clearly didn't have enough amps but they never tried to fire the boat. I have no idea if that impacted this. Never the less I started to troubleshoot and have done the following:
      - Checked positive and negative battery cables, both are tight and showing 12 volts
      - Tested the fuse on the positive battery cable, it both looks good and is flowing 12 volts
      - Tested lanyard, it is showing good continuity
      - Tried to press the three breakers on the back of the engine, all three appear ok
      - Tested continuity of the 60 AMP breaker, it was fine

When I press the start button the boat wakes up but I don't hear the pump priming. Any other ideas?

I don't know where the pump is (still learning the boat) nor can I figure out where to jumper the relays to see if those are bad. I am open to ideas/suggestions. Pictures help if you have them, I have been reading threads to troubleshoot but am at a bit of a loss at this point.

Thank you

Comment

The Bimini mount also broke, are these replaceable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	43F5BD9A-A8D4-413B-888B-6492599012FB.jpeg
Views:	387
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	635380

Comment

I've found there are lots of sources of bimini hw if you search. Here's an example....

https://www.westmarine.com/bimini-hardware-parts

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

2004 206 Air Nautique Limited - Black with Vapor Blue (family style)
          1997 Masters Edition Nautique - Zephyr Green - gone (amazing ski wake)
          1982 Mastercraft Powerslot - gone (a primitive but wonderful beast)
          Bellevue WA

Comment

There all kinds of brackets on eBay too. Just search Bimini Hardware.

Comment

Make sure there isn't an extra power cable going to the fuel pump. My 95 is setup like that. I freaked out last year when I was cranking mine and no fuel. Probably worked on it for an hour before I realized the extra wire on the battery was loose, which was for the pump!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gcam4 View Post
                Make sure there isn't an extra power cable going to the fuel pump. My 95 is setup like that. I freaked out last year when I was cranking mine and no fuel. Probably worked on it for an hour before I realized the extra wire on the battery was loose, which was for the pump!

Thanks, have been diagnosing over the past two days. The relays and wiring is fine and the pumps do run when I ground the STO test terminal. Right now it is starting to look like the ECU may have stopped providing a grounding signal. Going to clean the terminals to the ECU tonight to see if that helps.

Not excited about this. Have been reading the threads about how to burn a new chip for an ECU. Anyone creating those chips right now? I have seen vendors selling ECUs for the GT40, they appear steep.

Comment

There is a thread floating around for gt40 replacement ecu's. I just dont remember if it's here, ccf, or bos. I know you get a mid 90's ford ecu and send it to them or they send a chip. I dont remember exactly and I couldn't find the thread I am thinking of.

Comment

Here is the GT40 thread:

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...r-gt40-efi-ecu
                    https://www.instagram.com/longhorn_nautique/

Comment

Thanks, have been reading that thread a few times, it is great info.

Comment

Working...
                      X