Window frame color opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window frame color opinions

About to pull my window frame and have it powdercoated as the black is starting to peel and chip. I was wondering if anyone has changed the color of their frame. Black doesnt really match the boat colors, and does get hot. I was thinking of doing a matte silver or white. What do you guys think, or should I just go back with black!?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by dhanni848 View Post
    About to pull my window frame and have it powdercoated as the black is starting to peel and chip. I was wondering if anyone has changed the color of their frame. Black doesnt really match the boat colors, and does get hot. I was thinking of doing a matte silver or white. What do you guys think, or should I just go back with black!?
    Maybe step out of the box and be a trendsetter. What about Navy Blue or Yellow based on the colors of your boat? I think it would look cool on this boat.

Comment

Originally posted by GMLIII View Post

Maybe step out of the box and be a trendsetter. What about Navy Blue or Yellow based on the colors of your boat? I think it would look cool on this boat.
      I thought about matching the main colors too, but I am not sure it would flow well with the colors spotted everywhere. Put so much thought into this I think I have confused it all! I plan to take the speaker pods and have them redone to match the tower too.

Comment

Is it easy to do? Honestly never looked around for screws and then all the rubber seals and stuff. What does the powdercoat run? Mine is a little chipped up as well and if it's easy I would consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by gobluemike2142 View Post
          Is it easy to do? Honestly never looked around for screws and then all the rubber seals and stuff. What does the powdercoat run? Mine is a little chipped up as well and if it's easy I would consider it.
          I haven't taken mine out yet, but hope to in the next week or so. There are screws and looks to be pretty simple. NautiqueJeff just did it and looks like it didn't take too long, and depends on your powdercoater I guess on price. I am figuring about $200ish.

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/f...e-project-boat
          Last edited by dhanni848; 02-13-2019, 03:05 PM.

Comment

If you could get a powdercoat color that would match the tower color that would maybe look cool with the tower being that color, but hard to say... Blue would be so close to black you might as well leave it black... Silver would be the only other color I'd think about as I don't think white would look right.

Honesty black would be my first choice then silver.
            Jason
            All black 2003 SANTE
            -- Southern Fried --

Comment

It doesn’t look like the tower is a perfect match to the gel coat. Adding a third yellow would be super risky at best and would probably look tacky. IMO, I’d go matte or satin black to mimic it looking anodized. Definitely not gloss. Silver is an option I guess, but why introduce a fifth color?

Comment

My 2005 210 came with a silver tower and window frame. I had both powder coated and loved it. Went satin on the windshield and gloss on the tower. It’s also a good time to tint the windows (if you’re into that) while the frames are off.

Comment

yeah not planning on doing anything outside of either matte silver, matte white, or matte black.

Comment

+1 for the matte black
                    2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
                    2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
                    1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

I did it on my 98 SN and did black with a little good fleck to match the gold pin striping. I think it looks awesome it only really shows in the sunlight. It was pretty easy and only cost 150. The hardest part is getting the frame off.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Matte black would be first choice with matte white as second.

I would be a hard no on silver

Comment

Looks like I am going back black. Wish I could see the white just to know, but don’t feel like paying $200 to see and not liking it.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Little late to the party, but I think white would look awesome. Different enough to make it stand out, but not too risky where it looks strange. Hard to find other examples online, but the few white windshield frames I do see look really sharp.

Comment

I’m not sure if this helps or not, but may help you visualize what white would look like. You can kind of get an idea with the white from the design package. Just have to imagine that over the whole frame. I think it could look good as long as the two whites from your boat and the frame don’t clash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20C98D3B-081D-499A-9F17-48CBC108234F.jpeg
Views:	310
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	576314
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X