Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome! I’’d love one

Comment

That is gorgeous. Brings an old school element to a newer boat.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Sounds like Nautique needs to know about this thread. There is still a lot of interest in teak.
        2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Originally posted by Evening Shade View Post
          Sounds like Nautique needs to know about this thread. There is still a lot of interest in teak.
          For Sure. These guys are already doing it. I suspect it is just more expensive. I think I somewhere saw a quote of $900, but I might be just making it up. They even have a pretty slick method of measuring your existing swim step.

http://www.teakmarinewoodwork.com/sw..._platforms.htm

There is a Nautique a little over half way down. These guys look like they do quality work.

If I thought I could get a good price for my fiberglass deck, I would do it. I am sure that they get wrecked once in a while, but shipping it to the dealer who's customer wrecked their deck would probably make it prohibitively expensive. Or I would just use the teak and put the fiberglass back on when I sell, and sell the teak to one of the guys on this thread.

Comment

^^ I've seen this site before and it's so tempting. I bet they could sell a ton of them with a group buy through this site, but then I guess they'd need to become a PN vendor.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

If they do this for $900 you should jump all over it. I have had some people Ask me to do one for them after seeing my post on Facebook and I am doing them for $1400. If you order one from Mastercraft they are $2300 for their xstar and X23. $900 is 3rd world labor pricing for this type of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah I can only imagine what Nautique would charge for this as an option.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmmm. I thought the factory price would be similar to a fiberglass platform with Seadek. Seems like 10 years ago a teak platform was cheaper than fiberglass.

I definitely like the looks of teak and I like the fact that nics and dings from wakeboards don’t show on teak and I can live with the maintenance.

Comment

What does a new fiberglass platform run from Nautique with Seadek? Just curious

Comment

Really sharp!

Comment

Originally posted by EcuNance View Post

I'm not sure. It's included in the price of the boat. I think the MSRP was a $500 up charge for a red platform as opposed to white.

Comment

That teak platform looks amazing on that boat. New world technology with old-school charm. Classy! I'm refinishing the teak deck on my '01 SAN. What teak oil product did you use to finish it and make it look so **** good?

Comment

Thank you! West Marine golden teak oil

Comment

Fantastic job! If it would have been available it would have been my preference on my new boat.
                              2018 200 Team H6
                              2009 196 Team ZR 409
                              2005 196 Limited ZR 375
                              2003 196 Limited Excalibur
                              1999 196 Masters Edition
                              1995 ProStar 190 LT1 (Bayliner)
                              1987 ProStar 190

Comment

Originally posted by EcuNance View Post

I don’t know about Nautique but from Tige was close to 5000 from dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Working...
                                X