G Series Teak Platform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Series Teak Platform

Ever since attending the boat show last year and deciding to order a new Nautique G, I always loved the look of teak on the Mastercrafts. A few boards later, some elbow grease and I now have the best of both worlds. I love the way the platform turned out and looks against my black G!
    Attached Files

That looks really good ECU. I'm afraid that might be painful on the knees for a portly gentleman like myself crawling out of the water. Good job though!

Comment

Originally posted by EcuNance View Post
      Ever since attending the boat show last year and deciding to order a new Nautique G, I always loved the look of teak on the Mastercrafts. A few boards later, some elbow grease and I now have the best of both worlds. I love the way the platform turned out and looks against my black G!
      I love it, turned out great

Comment

Very nice !
        2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
        2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
        1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

Really like this. I wish Nautique still offered a teak platform as an option. I had one on my 99 Air and even though it was some maintenance, it was still worth it.

-Charles

Comment

Originally posted by charlesml3 View Post
            Really like this. I wish Nautique still offered a teak platform as an option. I had one on my 99 Air and even though it was some maintenance, it was still worth it.

-Charles
            Same here. I wish it was an option.
            2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Thanks guys! I had some great feedback on Facebook and love doing this type of work. I am actually building 2 more for other G owners now. Love the look and feel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife would like one for our 230. Really nice work!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Teak = classy
                  if you don't mind me asking how much did it end up costing you? I know teak is hard to come by and expensive

Comment

Nice work! Looks factory!

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wakejunky I have around $700 in the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks amazing! Great work! I Miss the teak platform from my old SANTE.

Can I ask where you purchased the wood from? Somewhere local? Or online? How did you calculate how much material to buy? Did you just use the original platform as a template?

thanks
                        2002 SANTE

Comment

Have you ever heard of Iroko? http://www.wood-database.com/iroko/ It is the African version of Teak and has basically all of the same properties, but usually considerably less. Sometimes you can even find it in a greyer color which could be pretty cool. I don't know the availability of it in certain areas but it might be worth looking into if you plan on doing much of it.

Comment

Beautiful job! That looks amazing.

Comment

I wish it were an option as well. Looks great, ECU!

Comment

Working...
                              X