03 Nautique Sport Trailer Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 Nautique Sport Trailer Options

Last week I purchased a new to me 2003 Nautique (210), without a trailer. I will certainly need one, probably this Spring if the Lake Travis water level continues to drop. In any event, I know they are hard to come by used, and I have been looking at options for having one built. The only catch is, after calling about 7 places, no-one has returned with a quote (times are good, I guess). In any event, any thoughts on options? Approximate costs to have a tandem axle with brakes built? Anyone have a lead on a used one?

Thanks!

Have you tried Magnum Trailer? They are pricey, but could probably build one. I went to Marine Max and they gave me an estimate of $5500 for my 2011 SAN 210. I decided to fix a few things on my current trailer.
    Previous:
    2011 Super Air Nautique 210
    1994 Sport Nautique

Comment

Here is one for sale in Ohio. Looks like it needs some work. I contacted them to low ball then, and he said that the owner turned down $550.00 already.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined

Comment

You might also check with Phoenix. Click their banner at the top of the screen.

Current Boats —> 2024 Super Air Nautique G23 PARAGON -- 2018 SAN 210 TE -- 2003 Ski Nautique 196 -- 2002 Ski Nautique -- 2001 Ski Nautique -- 2000 Sport Nautique -- 2000 Nautique Super Sport -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1996 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (Twin-Engine, 1 of 13) -- 1981 Fish Nautique (Twin-Engine, 1 of 4) -- 1980 Fish Nautique (Twin-Engine, 1 of 4)
        Former Boats —> 2023 Super Air Nautique G23 --
        2022 Super Air Nautique G23 PARAGON -- 2021 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2021 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2020 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2019 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2018 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2017 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2016 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition2013 Super Air Nautique G232012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition -- 2007 Air Nautique SV-211 -- 2005 SV-211 -- 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition -- 2003 Air Nautique 226 -- 2003 Sport Nautique 216 -- 2003 Ski Nautique 196-- 2001 Sport Nautique -- 2001 Ski Nautique --1999 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1999 Air Tique 176 -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1994 Ski Nautique -- 1993 Barefoot Nautique -- 1983 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE, 1 of 4) -- 1981 Fish Nautique (SINGLE ENGINE)

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
        NautiqueParts.com - Roswell Marine - Phoenix Trailers - SkiSafe - PCM Marine Engines - PerfectPass - C&S Marine - OJ Propellers - WakeMakers -- Swell Wakesurf

Comment

Thanks everyone! I called Magnum a couple of times, no reply. Same with Marine Max / Sail & Ski. The Ohio one is interesting, but looks to be a single axle positioned for a DD (and a long way away, lol). I will keep calling around, and give Phoenix a call, too. Thanks!

Comment

I have a Phoenix and it does the job quite well. If you buy one from them make sure you don't take anything for granted (or anyone for that matter). After stressing that I wanted a spare tire mount several times mine arrived without one and it needed to be added. I also thought I was getting aluminum wheel but it showed up with slotted steel wheels.

I'm thinking this was all my dealers doing but learn from my mistakes and get everything in writing and don't take delivery until you get what you paid for.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up.

So far I was able to get a hold of Magnum (est. of ~$7K), sail & ski (est. ~6k for boatmate), and Phoenix (but they said I need to get a hold of a dealer here in Texas - still working on that). In any event, all significantly higher than I would like to pay considering my boat is on the lift most of the time, and I am not expecting much trailering. I have seen some new inboard tandem aluminum trailers advertised in the $3k range, but I have not seen anything nearby in Texas or for a specific brand/model. I have seen many Nautiques on aluminum trailers, so I know they are out there. Any advice on the idea of aluminum -- e.g., where to look around Austin/Texas, and/or price model info? Thanks!
              Last edited by cdrymalla; 02-23-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I've only seen 1 aluminum trailer I liked and the guy made it himself. I like the idea of the aluminum trailers but they always end up being very long for the boat and if anything I want the smallest trailer footprint possible that will perform well.

The Phoenix trailer for my boat as optioned I believe was something like $6200. They're built about 75 miles from my dealer but he also does a lot of warranty work up that way and picks the trailers up himself so there was no delivery fee. I don't think trailers are like cars where they average the delivery so you may be on the hook for more money on delivery from them.

Out your way you could also try Pacific Trailers.

Comment

Circling back on this one...I have not been able to locate a used trailer and I am getting closer to taking the plunge on a new one. Like noted above , Magnum (est. of ~$7K), sail & ski (est. ~6k for boatmate), which led me to looking at Aluminum which seem to be more universal with lower cost. Looking into these, I ended up finding McClain trailers in Houston that appear to be pretty well built. By the time I start adding options, those prices are approaching $5,500-$7,000k with brakes, etc. Does anyone have experience with these trailers? McClain's black option actually looks pretty nice. Assuming in the same price range (e.g., $6,500), would you go with the "black" aluminum over a traditional boat mate, let's say?

Here is a link the black optioned trailer (with upgraded color & step fenders ~$1k upgrade).
                  https://mcclaintrailers.com/product/...oat-trailer-7/

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by cdrymalla; 02-23-2021, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Unless I was doing salt or brackish water I'd stick to steel but that's me. You need to do what's right for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bturner View Post
                      Unless I was doing salt or brackish water I'd stick to steel but that's me. You need to do what's right for you.
                      Thanks. No salt or anything here. My understanding is reduced weight could be a general advantage. Mostly looking for general thoughts, experiences. I am not planning to sell anytime soon, but people's general opinion (like yours) are a good indicator of what may help/hurt resale, too.

Comment

I think boat fit is more important than material when purchasing a trailer. During my last boat search, I came across several boats with replaced trailers and they all looked just wrong. The McClain picture seems to show a trailer that fits the boat well.

After owning several steel trailers, I wouldn't be deterred by an aluminum trailer. Lighter and you don't have to deal with potential rust points when you get chips in the finish.

Just my 2 cents.....
                        2004 206 Air Nautique Limited - Black with Vapor Blue (family style)
                        1997 Masters Edition Nautique - Zephyr Green - gone (amazing ski wake)
                        1982 Mastercraft Powerslot - gone (a primitive but wonderful beast)
                        Bellevue WA

Comment

Working...
                        X