No announcement yet.

Ford F150 diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2018 F150 King Ranch 3.0 diesel and tow my boat 100 miles twice a week in the summer. It weighs around 6600lbs loaded with the trailer. I had a Ram 2500 with the Cummins prior, sure it pulled it better, but I love my baby diesel truck. With 35" tires and a 2" level, I get 19 plus average running around town, 22 hwy running 75 plus, 15 towing the boat at 60. Never struggles, never feels unsafe. I run a some hilly north GA roads and it stays around 2300 RPM going up with the boat...I like driving a truck that has torque down low.

Comment

Wondering from people who have actually hauled with a F150 Eco Boost, how it would handle a G25? I have seen tons of discussion on this and it is all over the place. I realize something bigger would be better, but I am only hauling 10 miles to the lake and maybe 1 time 2 hours north here in flat Minnesota. I just want to know how people who have hauled with a half ton have felt doing it. I will be upgrading the brakes no matter what, it is also on the triple axle trailer.

Comment

Stopping is the problem not going...axle brakes on each is key regardless of truck size. The new ecoboost hybrid looks to be a torque beast. I'll probably replace my 250 diesel with this becasue it puts me into the HOV lane for work commutes.

Comment

Be carful with towing a g25 with any half ton. Even though the f150 ecoboost would tow it no problem(power wise). It's payload you need to pay attention to. Most half ton truck's are only around 1100-1600lbs of payload capacity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a P23 and bought a new GMC 1500 4x4 last year before we considered a new boat. My old boat was a 2007 Supra 24 SSV on a double axle trailer, so significantly less weight, but only had brakes on one axle. Towing it from the lake (it stayed on a lift) to the dealer for trade in was way worse than towing the P23 from the dealer to the lake. The new trailer is a triple axle with brakes on all three. The truck is rated for 10.5k give or take 100 I believe so I'm at the top end of the rating for sure, but in the same position as Kenv where I very rarely need to tow the boat or anything else that a 3/4 ton does not make sense for me or my family. Should I need to do a longer trip, I have family members with 3/4 ton trucks with a Diesel that I can swap with, but don't expect to need to. I know that the bigger truck will tow it better, but the 100 or so miles a year I might use it for towing does not make sense for me to have the extra truck and expense of the bigger truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenv View Post
              Thanks Kmayotte. That's along the line I am thinking. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my 17 F250 Crew 4x4......but it has been a diesel sucking pig. It will be 4 years old next month...got it Oct.of 2016. Even after fuel filter changes, etc, it still gives me only 14 to 16 "normal" driving...maybe...and I say maybe an occasional 17 on a highway trip. Just killin' me with the fuel bill for a big truck that I don't really get full use out of. Side note...my dad and I ordered exact trucks...side by side with the salesman...just different colors..and his is doing the exact same thing also...started strong....and has taken a complete dive. I have also read this EXACT problem on some of the Ford diesel sites. Mileage has gone way downhill since purchase. I'm about 15,000 ahead of his...since he's retired and doesn't drive daily as much. Thing that pains both of us....my brother just picked up a left-over new 19 Duramax...and tells us..."Yeah...i'm up to 19 and 20 the last few weeks". Yep...real nice to hear when we look down and see 13.9....LOL LOL I know this is a Nautique forum...and I have a G21...but do I really need a 250 Diesel for my "drill" that i've been doing the last 20 years. Garage at the lake house...VERY few towing miles mixed in those years with an occasional trip to a different lake 30 miles away and once to the dealer a summer...maybe twice if it's something I can't fix or bring from the dealer to fix. Thanks for listening.
              Lake house and a G series, but it’s the fuel mileage that’s killing you?

Sounds rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by j.mo View Post

Lake house and a G series, but it’s the fuel mileage that’s killing you?

Sounds rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Hey J.mo....maybe I should have clarified....not that I have to.....but the lakehouse isn't mine...family house I get to "Use" and keep my boat there occasionally. I'm looking for better mileage to back and forth between my house and the coast house....LOL. Got ya......All kidding aside...who doesn't want better mileage when driving?? Yeah...I got a G and can afford it...but just looking for ways to put more money in other directions other than into the tank of my F250. You have a great weekend. Ken

Comment

Working...
                X