Trailer option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer option

Is there any real value to optioning a trailer with extras/options? For example, better wheels, bow ladders etc...
    The wheels and tires alone are about an $1800 upcharge.
    Will there be any value at sale?
    I am trying to maximize my build without overbuying/paying for options that are unnecessary.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks

I'm interested in hearing what others say, but in my experience trailer options don't get you much at resale. There are some exceptions. I think aluminum wheels are a good value over chrome steel wheels
    2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

I use my bow ladder ALL the time. If you get any G....get the bow ladder. Also, love the led lights on my BoatMate. Rims...not such a big deal to me since I mostly go from the garage down to the ramp. You want to see some fancy trailers....go to the Wizard Lake Marine website. Ba Bing......

Comment

I would say that it depends on how often you trailer your boat. For me I typically but my boat in the water in the Spring and pull it out in the Fall. If I had to trailer 30 minutes every time I used my boat I would probably look at a nicer trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenv View Post
          I use my bow ladder ALL the time. If you get any G....get the bow ladder. Also, love the led lights on my BoatMate. Rims...not such a big deal to me since I mostly go from the garage down to the ramp. You want to see some fancy trailers....go to the Wizard Lake Marine website. Ba Bing......
          Yes I agree that LED lights are a must. I forgot to mention that because I think they are pretty standard on most nice boat trailers these days.
          2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

Bow ladder and LED lights... 2nd axle disc brakes if an option as well.

Comment

For me a plain old galvanized trailer is best and least expensive option and less rust

Comment

Originally posted by Kenv View Post
                Alberta boats really benefit from the bling. Those are standard options at wizard.

And yes the bow step is a must. Oh and the new elite shield is totally worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Nautique offers galvanizing on their factory trailers and I think this option is a must! Lights and wheels can be replaced over time. Galvanizing will protect all of the internal parts that can't be replaced. The trailer is not as sexy as a painted trailer... but let's face it... what's sexy about a boat on a trailer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using PLT Nautique mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by btouchstone01 View Post
                    Nautique offers galvanizing on their factory trailers and I think this option is a must! Lights and wheels can be replaced over time. Galvanizing will protect all of the internal parts that can't be replaced. The trailer is not as sexy as a painted trailer... but let's face it... what's sexy about a boat on a trailer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using PLT Nautique mobile app
                    I love galvanized trailers and it was cheaper to boot. I always say they are ugly but they are always just ugly. No long term chips, fading or cancer and if you have a spot of rust just hit it with some galvanized paint from a rattle can.

In addition I am a fan of torsion axles, LED lights, and on my 230 the extended Boatmate steps at the rear of the trailer. They are so useful for getting in and out at the platform and if I didn't have them I would be carrying a small ladder.

Comment

Bow Ladder with handles is a great option for me. If you are getting a G23, make sure you go with a 10K-lbs GVWR on the trailer, and make sure your tires and wheels can handle the load. (E.g. at least 2500-lbs each on tandem set-up) These boats, especially with gear for a few people, are much heavier than advertised. LED lights and upgraded brakes are also a good investment.
                      2019 SAN G23 | 2016 SAN G23 | 2013 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2008 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2003 Wakesetter 23 LSV | 2000 Wakesetter VLX | 1998 Sanger V210 | 1994 Magic Sceptor 28 | 1985 Cole TR2 | Too many PWC to count!

Comment

Working...
                      X