F2 jack swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 jack swap

My Fulton F2 jack bit the dust. The handle is nice and heavy duty, but the black plastic gearbox at the top of the jack is what holds the handle in place. So it seems unsurprising that the plastic part that holds the handle in place broke. Unfortunately, they do not make a replacement gearbox that the handle mounts to.

So I am in the market for a new jack. I think I may be forced to just get another F2 because the jack bolts to a Fulton plate that is welded to my trailer. The bolt pattern is very close to 4.5 inches wide and 3.5 inches apart from top to bottom.

Given that the gearbox is plastic, I am worried the next one will break again in not too long either. Am I supposed to be happy that it lasted just under 3 seasons? It is supposed to have a limited lifetime warranty, so on Monday I will see what that actually means.

Has anyone gone to a different jack when theirs broke? And did you have to do anything to make it fit?

Good question. My F2 broke in half while my boat was at the dealer being serviced and they replaced it under warranty. It was actually metal that failed on mine and my boat is relatively small compared to G boats. I know others have had F2 failures as well. Clearly they aren’t robust enough for these heavy boats. Hopefully someone can recommend a more robust unit.
    2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 1995 Cobalt 200

Comment

I replaced my F2 with a new F2....I need to call Boatmate and see if my old one is covered under warranty (should be based on the language). I replaced mine a few months ago and keep forgetting to call them about it. One thing I did, was when trailer is parked with boat on it, I relieve the pressure on jack by putting some CMU blocks under tougue, this seems to be helping. Gears also went out on mine, even tho I put good waterproof grease in there to ensure its lubed up.

Comment

I called the company number that is found on the internet, Horizon something or other. They then transferred me to their trailer parts division. After 15 minutes I spoke to a nice gentleman who gave me a case number and told me to ship the jack back to them and they would decide if it is covered. I asked what to do with the boat trailer, and he told me to put it up on blocks. I guess I see why they want the jack back, but putting it on blocks each time I use it is a bit painful. It looks like I need to find some cinder blocks somewhere. Our season is just getting really good for the next 8 weeks, then it gets too cold. I hope to have the boat out twice a week until November starts. Hopefully they are quick.

Horizon: 1-800-632-3290

Comment

I looked into this a while back and just went with another Fulton F2 mostly because I liked the big wheel and the cost difference between it and other models wasn't that big and it just look so much nicer then a standard jack.

FYI, I broke the old one trying pulling the trailer without lifting the jack. So I haven't had an issu

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it boatmate? I’d just give them a call and see what they say

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by Blamey View Post
              I looked into this a while back and just went with another Fulton F2 mostly because I liked the big wheel and the cost difference between it and other models wasn't that big and it just look so much nicer then a standard jack.

FYI, I broke the old one trying pulling the trailer without lifting the jack. So I haven't had an issu

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
              Haha. I once pulled the trailer out without putting the jack up too. Once. It is one of those things like forgetting the plug.

I thought about calling Boatmate, but figured they would probably pawn it off on Fulton. I hope someone chimes in who went that route.

Shipping costs seem to have gotten out of hand. It cost me $28 to send the jack to South Bend, IN from Utah. It weighs 17 pounds.

Comment

I got an email this week that they were going to send me a new jack.

On the downside, I feel that the loaner jack that my dealership let me borrow is better than the one that broke. The loaner is a 2000 pound jack. Not sure if I think it is better than the 1600 just because it was new, or if my old one was getting stiff anyway, and that is why I broke the handle. I will hopefully have a 1600 Fulton F2 wheeled jack this week, and will have it for sale on Ebay or something.

Comment

What jack is the 2000 lb one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ian S
                  2014 SANTE. NSS. Pro balllast. Boatmate trailer
                  2004 SANTE. 4000 lb ballast, 2013 graphics (prev). Ramlin trailer
                  2009 Moomba Outback (prev). Boatmate trailer

Comment

Originally posted by XBIGPUN66 View Post
                    What jack is the 2000 lb one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                    This: https://www.amazon.com/Fulton-Bolt-2.../dp/B00LU7N68U

Comment

Failure of the F2 series jacks sure seems to be pretty common, but they do look nice. Another thing that will severely shorten the life of a trailer jack is if the jack isn't mounted perfectly vertical, as they get side loaded and also won't swivel well.

If you ever want to improve how well the jack rolls, replace those plastic wheels with a urethane coated heavy duty caster wheel (the type with greasable bearings). Just make sure you get one with adequate capacity for your tongue weight.

Comment

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...n/F500137.html

FYI for anyone with a jack that is hard to crank see the above link. I replaced bearings and gears on my 2011, works great now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My new jack came today. It looks great. Now that I swapped it for the 2000 pound jack so that I wouldn't have to mess with putting it up on blocks, I will just keep the 2000 pounder on there.

I am pretty sure it is this one. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Jac...413140334.html

$100 plus shipping if anyone wants it.

I am pleased with the warranty on it, and the way they handled it, although it seems that it took a long time to get me the replacement. It came today, 3 weeks after I sent the broken one to them.

Comment

We had an F2 jack go as well. Boatmate was really good to work with on it, took care of us, but it was pretty shocking when it went. Could have been bad if someone had their foot or fingers in the wrong spot. Posted this awhile back in another thread, but here is what it looked like.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Stopped by dealer today. New Boatmate G23 trailers are now coming with the black Dutton-Lainson jacks. Must have had too many failures with the Fultons.

Comment

Working...
                              X