Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I pull my trailer with no brake hardware

Hi All,

I had a bearing go bad on my dhm tandem trailer (port/left side)...I was able to replace the bearing hardware...during the process, I removed all the brake stuff as some of it went bad when the bearing blew. I need to move the boat to my home which is 4 miles away and finish the work there. If I do not reconnect the brake line at the tongue, would it be ok to tow?

thanks...fred

Originally posted by chefred112 View Post
    Hi All,

I had a bearing go bad on my dhm tandem trailer (port/left side)...I was able to replace the bearing hardware...during the process, I removed all the brake stuff as some of it went bad when the bearing blew. I need to move the boat to my home which is 4 miles away and finish the work there. If I do not reconnect the brake line at the tongue, would it be ok to tow?

thanks...fred
    I don't see why not. A 95 Super Sport isn't all that heavy and you're not going far. Just be careful and don't get into a sudden brake situation.

-Charles

Comment

thanks Charles, I was thinking same thing...I pull with an Expedition and the boat does feel light behind it but like you said, I'll start coasting/slowing down earlier and brake earlier...

Comment

Brakes are a luxury not a necessity on a 21ft boat. Tow away.
        this is assuming your brake line and master cylinder are empty. Just make sure you lock out the tongue so the cylinder doesn't compress.

Comment

Thanks swatguy, i got home with no issue, i didn't connect the brake fluiid cable... question, how would i lock out.the tongue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using PLT Nautique mobile app

Comment

Working...
          X