Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoenix Trailer Issue with my 2016 Super Air Nautique 210 (Gel coat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix Trailer Issue with my 2016 Super Air Nautique 210 (Gel coat)

Good Morning! This is my first post on Planet Nautique. I see a lot of great discussions out there! I purchased a 2016 Super Air Nautique 210 with a Phoenix Tandem Axle trailer. The boat has been awesome with tons of memories already. The purpose of this post is to see if anyone has had issues with their Phoenix trailer? I've had three gel coat issues already with my Nautique caused by exposed screw heads on the fenders. There is very little wiggle room (<2" total) with the 210 sitting on the trailer. The boat rides about 1" under the top of the fender. The dealer has tried to rectify the issue by trying to screw them in further, while also raising the boat a bit as it sits on the trailer, however to no avail. Has anyone else had an issue similar to this with their Phoenix Trailer? If so, what has your dealer done to fix it?

I grew up with other Nautiques that I never noticed screw heads exposed...Would appreciate any insight here as I work with my dealer to try and fix this issue. Lastly, in doing my research online, it appears that Boatmate/Ramlin trailers allow the 210 to sit higher (above) the fenders. Thanks for your help!

You need to back the trailer down half way down the ramp, drive the boat up, then back the trailer down all the way and finish driving the to boat on the trailer. This will keep you from missing the bunks or floating above the fenders. I have a phoenix trailer now and had a ramlin before...its not the trailer.
    Last edited by vanhanbr; 06-15-2017, 10:08 AM.
    2008 SAN 210
    1997 Sport Nautique

Comment

I'd say if the boat can hit an exposed bolt head in any situation (even if you miss the alignment during loading) then it is a trailer issue. The inner surface of the fenders of my Ramlin trailer for my 196 has carpeted panels that have bolts that have countersunk heads so as to not come in contact with the hull. Shouldn't matter how sloppy one puts the boat on the trailer it should not hit bolt heads.

Comment

I have a Super Sport on a 2013 Phoenix. Never had an issue with the fenders since they are heavily carpeted. I do have concerns about the prop and it's guard since the guide poles are mounted all the way at the back of the trailer allowing the boat to move sideways once it's all the way forward. If the poles were moved up 2ft to just behind the fenders it would keep the boat centered better IMHO. I wonder if this is the same issue you are having? I only use it once a year so it's not a big deal,just have to take my time loading. Also don't like the roller up front,I would rather it had crash pads.
        Last edited by gary s; 06-15-2017, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0082_zps32df4d16.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	525457

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0078_zps2816cf5f.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	525459

Comment

Just wanted to provide a quick update. Local Nautique dealer has had three similar reported issues affecting 210s/230s. All had chips occur in the gel coat where the contact was made with the trailer bumper. Good news is that Phoenix is taking care of the issue and replacing our trailers with a redesign that will apparently raise the boat 5/8" so that the hull doesn't come in contact. New trailer will be picked up in a couple of weeks. Anxious to see if this fixes the issue and pleased that Phoenix is standing behind their product.

Thanks to those that responded. Stay safe on the water!

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Excellent news for you! I'm glad to hear of a company standing behind their product too!

Comment

I am glad phoenix is going to replace or repair them for you. We have in the past just added shims raising the bunks for customers. I Have also installed guides as well to keep the boats centered while loading. I find most people do sink the trailer too much. these trailers are designed to be driven on. If your boat is floating on with the helm past the wheels you are too deep. This can also vary by ramp pitch, so you will have to find that sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by kmarine
                    I am glad phoenix is going to replace or repair them for you. We have in the past just added shims raising the bunks for customers. I Have also installed guides as well to keep the boats centered while loading. I find most people do sink the trailer too much. these trailers are designed to be driven on. If your boat is floating on with the helm past the wheels you are too deep. This can also vary by ramp pitch, so you will have to find that sweet spot.
                    Totally agree. There is definitely a sweet spot with this trailer. Driving it on is definitely the way to go. Really pleased with the way Phoenix has handled this. Shocked that they couldn't have come up with a cheaper fix. Not sure if I mentioned in my initial post but they did insert shims, etc but it still rubbed on the port side. Plus two screws couldn't be countersunk all the way which was the contact point. Either way wanted to let other Nautique owners know that this could happen to them but Phoenix stands behind their product to make it right as did our local Nautique dealer. Love being a Nautique owner!

Comment

Good morning I wanted to provide a quick update on my Phoenix trailer issue for my '16 210 SAN. Just picked up the new trailer yesterday. Bottom line extremely happy with how Phoenix handled this. Just raising the bunks 5/8" has made a huge difference! I attached photos below. Thanks for all the replies and input. Hope all of you are enjoying the summer and time on the water!

Comment

Wow
                        "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Comment

Just a note I have heard of people having issues with the black covers changing light colored seat covers brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Fgroce
                            Just a note I have heard of people having issues with the black covers changing light colored seat covers brown.
                            Thanks so far no noticeable issues with ours. I heard that in some 2016 Nautiques that there were a few lines that went through the factory with some fading and staining issues on the vinyl. Keeping my fingers crossed. So far so good but will be on the lookout. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

My son has a mooba and his black cover ruined the top of the rear seat, turned it a dark brown almost black and happened during one hot week.

Comment

Working...
                              X