Add a Boatmate spare tire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a Boatmate spare tire

In case anyone is wondering, add a spare to your boatmate trailer for about $550 (rim, tire and mount)....found myself needing one a few weeks back without anything on a Saturday. Well worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PLT Nautique mobile app

Another cheaper option, just get a basic rim and put a tire cover on it. Maybe even one that says Nautique?

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Watch the Tow Vehicle bumper when backing nearing jack-knife or on tight turns with a spare in that location; failing to do so might cost you a bumper and rear quarter panel. (Don't ask me how I know).

Comment

Originally posted by jjackkrash View Post
        Watch the Tow Vehicle bumper when backing nearing jack-knife or on tight turns with a spare in that location; failing to do so might cost you a bumper and rear quarter panel. (Don't ask me how I know).
        Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Code:
          [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_20170426_192106760.jpg","data-attachmentid":519402}[/ATTACH]
          Added this set up to my trailer last week. Purchased the Rigid part but it was to close to the boat. So I took it to a welding shop and asked for this to be done including the lock set up. I was happy with the results. $110 for the metal and welding work. Rigid part $38, tire and wheel $150.
          Attached Files

Comment

Curious, what size and wheels are you running on your trailer? I want to upgrade mine from the 14' ugly chrome things.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine are ugly chrome 14. But they are relatively cheap and undesirable to those who make a living removing items from trailers while some are hard at work skiing. They are also usually repairable when you make mistakes and curb your wheels, metal bends aluminium breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by TBaganATX View Post
                Curious, what size and wheels are you running on your trailer? I want to upgrade mine from the 14' ugly chrome things.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                Mine are 18" BUT I would highly suggest against this size....there is not enough tire (sidewall) for what a trailer needs in my opinion. You are going to get in tight spots and tight turns when you are pulling a trailer and going to at some point scrub a curb and this does not work with large diameter wheels. My reason for a spare is that I hit a large pot hole and had a blow out and bent the rim. On another rim, I have a curb scrub I got 2wks after getting the boat, and yes I am an experienced hauler not a newbie. I sincerely believe that if I had been using tires with larger sidewalls this would not have been an issue. Just my $0.02.....small rims may look not as appealing, but functionally I think they are the way to go (btw, 18" were stock on my trailer, I did not upgrade them)

Comment

Sounds like you need some curb feelers on the trailer lol

Comment

Working...
                  X