2005 210 Subwoofer Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 210 Subwoofer Options

So I have a 2005 210, and I need to do something different with my sub-woofer. I currently have a 12" L7 Solobaric in a sealed enclosure under the observers seat. That leaves me pretty muck 0 room for storage down there. Once i cut the cooler out of the bow and put the 750# V sac in i will have 0 storage. So with that being said i was thinking of selling the 12"L7 and getting a Wet Sounds Revo 12 FA ( Free Air ). I think i have 2 options for the placement under the driver console or in the pass through to the bow on the port side ( Observers seat side )

Has anyone done one, both or different methods that can give me some recommendations? I'm not stuck on the 12" Sub either but that would be my preference. I think the easiest way would be to put the hole in the pass through , and mount it there, but i don;t know if that panel will hold a 12" sub and the vibrations it will cause.

Originally posted by Stevemo14 View Post
    So I have a 2005 210, and I need to do something different with my sub-woofer. I currently have a 12" L7 Solobaric in a sealed enclosure under the observers seat. That leaves me pretty muck 0 room for storage down there. Once i cut the cooler out of the bow and put the 750# V sac in i will have 0 storage. So with that being said i was thinking of selling the 12"L7 and getting a Wet Sounds Revo 12 FA ( Free Air ). I think i have 2 options for the placement under the driver console or in the pass through to the bow on the port side ( Observers seat side )

Has anyone done one, both or different methods that can give me some recommendations? I'm not stuck on the 12" Sub either but that would be my preference. I think the easiest way would be to put the hole in the pass through , and mount it there, but i don;t know if that panel will hold a 12" sub and the vibrations it will cause.
    I’d like to know too... I am currently looking around on ideas for a complete system for an 04 210... and I am seriously considering something similar. Also im wondering if 7.7 will fit face mounted in the stock holes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did a complete Wet Sounds ( sans the sub-woofer ) setup in mine this past spring. I did the Revo 6 speakers for the in boats. There were a direct fit for the existing holes. The Revo 6 needs a 5" hole cut out, the JL 7.7 needs a 6.25" cut out. Now that being said, I think you could make the hole 6.25" with a little bit of work. The Side mounting boards are easy to modify, you would just have to be careful of the vinyl.

Comment

I actually just began this project this past weekend. I had my SA-12 in a ported enclosure under the driver's dash, but it didn't leave much space for my feet. I cut the "hump" out behind the false wall and will fiberglass over the whole it left... This will allow about 5-6" more for me to push the enclosure back. I'll build a new false wall, remount the 6.5" speaker, and breaker panel. Not the easiest job, but should look clean and be more useful in the long run, plus it will help protect the sub as well.
        Attached Files
        Jason
        All black 2003 SANTE
        -- Southern Fried --

Comment

^^^That is exactly what I had done on my 2005 210 and loved it. There was just a slot for the vent. It sounded really good. I had a heater hose as well. It all fit. I need to find pics.

Comment

Originally posted by markj View Post
            ^^^That is exactly what I had done on my 2005 210 and loved it. There was just a slot for the vent. It sounded really good. I had a heater hose as well. It all fit. I need to find pics.
            Man if you can find pics that would be great! I'm still worried there won't be enough room to put the circuit breaker panel and the 6.5" speaker back in place. My idea was to mount the circuit breakers panel up under the dash out of site. Where was your's mounted?
            Jason
            All black 2003 SANTE
            -- Southern Fried --

Comment

I'm in the same position as you. I need to find a location for my 10" wet sounds FA sub. If you place the sub in the walk thru, I'm thinking you could reinforce it from the backside (use brackets at the top and bottom to anchor it in). I removed my kick panel today and noticed removing the hump would only gain me an inch or two. I'm leaning towards installing the sub in the walk thru (passenger side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	helm.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	600057

Comment

With an Infinite-baffle woofer, under the helm would be less then ideal anyway, as the false wall is, well, open at the top. Could you place an IB (FA) woofer in a small sealed enclosure? Sure, its just not the best application for that woofer.

Comment

Originally posted by core-rider View Post

Man if you can find pics that would be great! I'm still worried there won't be enough room to put the circuit breaker panel and the 6.5" speaker back in place. My idea was to mount the circuit breakers panel up under the dash out of site. Where was your's mounted?
                  I’m so bummed I can’t find any pics! I traded that old boat in to a dealer across the country and have no way to contact the new owner. My circuit breakers were under the dash like you're talking about. The custom Fiberglass/MDF hybrid sub enclosure was ported. It was a 12” Digital Designs sub that would blow the hair on my legs back. The place that built the custom enclosure was called Chucktronics in Lodi, Ca. They’re out of business now. The new panel had the slotted sub port, the 6.5” speaker and the heater hose outlet all in the same carpeted panel that stuck out about 5”-6” further towards the driver’s seat than stock. I remember we had to cut a bit out of the top left of that panel so we could still access the ballast valves.

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
                    With an Infinite-baffle woofer, under the helm would be less then ideal anyway, as the false wall is, well, open at the top. Could you place an IB (FA) woofer in a small sealed enclosure? Sure, its just not the best application for that woofer.
                    Man, I’ve been there with the free air subs and what a total waste those are. Either do it right or forget it and save your money. I’m sure you know that better than anyone here.

Comment

Originally posted by markj View Post

I’m so bummed I can’t find any pics! I traded that old boat in to a dealer across the country and have no way to contact the new owner. My circuit breakers were under the dash like you're talking about. The custom Fiberglass/MDF hybrid sub enclosure was ported. It was a 12” Digital Designs sub that would blow the hair on my legs back. The place that built the custom enclosure was called Chucktronics in Lodi, Ca. They’re out of business now. The new panel had the slotted sub port, the 6.5” speaker and the heater hose outlet all in the same carpeted panel that stuck out about 5”-6” further towards the driver’s seat than stock. I remember we had to cut a bit out of the top left of that panel so we could still access the ballast valves.
                      I’m running a 4” aero port because quiet simply it’s easier to build than a slot port enclosure for me. Sub sounds great... I just want a more clean look and foot space. I’ve removed the ballast valve knob panel to make a bit more room, plus I don’t use those anyway since they are almost useless. I plan to do a small DIY thread once I’m done with the project so hopefully others will find it useful. Thanks for the info!

Jason
                      All black 2003 SANTE
                      -- Southern Fried --

Comment

Man, I’ve been there with the free air subs and what a total waste those are.
                        LOL, you must be reading one thread and posting in another, thats no where close to what I said

Comment

I’m running a 4” aero port because quiet simply it’s easier to build than a slot port enclosure for me. Sub sounds great... I just want a more clean look and foot space. I’ve removed the ballast valve knob panel to make a bit more room, plus I don’t use those anyway since they are almost useless. I plan to do a small DIY thread once I’m done with the project so hopefully others will find it useful. Thanks for the info!

Cool. I look forward to seeing it. I’ve loved your boat for 15 years and was so butt hurt when if found out I couldn’t order mine all black in 05.

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post

LOL, you must be reading one thread and posting in another, thats no where close to what I said
                            Hahaha! Whoops! You’re probably right. Thanks for clarifying. I was beginning to think you lost it! Lol

Comment

I actually just began this project this past weekend. I had my SA-12 in a ported enclosure under the driver's dash, but it didn't leave much space for my feet. I cut the "hump" out behind the false wall and will fiberglass over the whole it left... This will allow about 5-6" more for me to push the enclosure back. I'll build a new false wall, remount the 6.5" speaker, and breaker panel. Not the easiest job, but should look clean and be more useful in the long run, plus it will help protect the sub as well.
                              What did you fill in the hole with? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X