17^ G Series Subwoofer Location/Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17^ G Series Subwoofer Location/Opening

Ok so I got ahead of myself on my order and picked M-Series Elite instead of the Studio Elite. I have seen this topic come up a couple of times about the second subwoofer location and where it SHOULD be but not an actual picture of the factory sub placement. I have the new 12s ready to go and the opening is not there as some have said. My build date was September of 16 so it may have been to early for the second opening to be present. Does anybody have an exact photo of the sub placement?!?!?!?!? Thank you in advance for any help!
    Attached Files

I have added the starboard side sub on my last two G’s. It will be basically a mirror image of the port side sub. I used a rotozip with a circle cutting attachment to cut a perfect circle. I have a pic but the PN app is not letting me upload it.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

I did the same with my 18. You pull the bow back rest and remove the sliding door if you have one and you can use a circle cutter dremel tool.

Comment

I have the jl w6 in the wedge jl box it fits nicely in the compartment and has more bass than you could want it sounds amazing and yes I removed the trash door and cut 2 vents 1 under the observer seat and 1 where everyone else does

Comment

Does anyone have pics showing how/where the sub is to be located/mounted on starboard side.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlawsmj View Post
            Does anyone have pics showing how/where the sub is to be located/mounted on starboard side.
            JGordon's opening post

Comment

I finally got the hole cut and the sub installed late last night. Once I clean up all the fiberglass dust, I'll take detailed pictures and explain the process

Comment

12" installed and it is a NIGHT and DAY difference. If you have been on the fence thinking about it.. DO IT
                Attached Files

Comment

There is a little dimple for a center hole on the wall. Center your template with the dimple and cut the hole out. There is the overflow hose laying on the floor behind the wall so watch for that while cutting. The wiring harness is all there for simple plug and play.

Comment

Working...
                  X