New JL head unit on 2016 G23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New JL head unit on 2016 G23

is software update ready for MM100 to work with factory screen?

was told at the dealer this week I could swap to JL from Polk Trash! He said the update would fix all my issues but we are going to see soon!

Comment

Please let us know. I have not seen anyone swap out the Polk for JL in a '16 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jbd32 View Post
        was told at the dealer this week I could swap to JL from Polk Trash! He said the update would fix all my issues but we are going to see soon!
        I assume this is on your Dime and not covered under warrenty?

Comment

My guy at Spokane Audio ordered parts to integrate JL head unit into factory screen, doing work next week, I will let you know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by JSL81 View Post
            My guy at Spokane Audio ordered parts to integrate JL head unit into factory screen, doing work next week, I will let you know how it goes
            Still all on your Dime and not covered under warranty?

Comment

no warranty

Comment

Good luck is all I can say . This has been a disaster for most

Comment

If Jamie is working on it you should be good. What problems were you having with the Polk? The one in my 16 G would constantly switch between AM when I tried to pair the Bluetooth.

Comment

polk has been complete junk, 2nd glove box head unit change out, volume was stuck on 30. it would consistently roll between all sources. drop blue tooth 2-3 times on the lake.

dealer told me $9xx plus labor would swap it all over to JL and no more polk, I did not realize guys were having issues with the transfer, unsure if ill do it or not. my service advisor said to see how it does with the new update

Comment

GML, I would like to see how yours goes, keep us up to date with it

Comment

Originally posted by jbd32 View Post
                        GML, I would like to see how yours goes, keep us up to date with it
                        I didn't change mine after reading the threads of how much the conversion was a royal PITA . I mainly still use an AUX cord vs bluetooth therefore I'm ok with crappy Polk head unit. I only use bluetooth for my Pebble watch which seems to work just fine.

Comment

My main issue was with Bluetooth and head unit shutting down randomly, I agree that if anyone can make this go flawlessly it is Jamie, boat is with him for the winter for a pretty big overhaul, I’ll let you know how it goes

Comment

JL head unit swap went great, working with no issues so far. Spokane Audio really is the best. Also added 6 amps, 6 stinger batteries, a mosconi sound processor, 60 AMP shore charger and remote zone controls in glove box next to steering wheel.

Comment

Any chance you could post some pictures of the set up? I’m sure a lot of us would like to see what was done. Congrats on the swap
                              2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
                              2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
                              1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

Working...
                              X