Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underwater Light Circuit Fault

Hi

I am getting a Circuit Fault / Overcurrent error when turning my underwater lights on. It had happened previously when the engine was running, but now it happens with just the battery switch on and engine off when switching the lights on. Lights blink on briefly, LINC shows CIRCUIT FAULT and an overcurrent error shows in the the power diagnostic screen. Boat is a '16 G23.

Thoughts?

I may be wrong, but was under impression that most of the underwater lights were "water cooled" and not supposed to be run out of the water. Could that be the issue?

Comment

Don't think this is the issue, as they don't really turn on - the fault happens immediately. It also happened on the water that last time I tried them, but the engine was running and I thought it might be a alternator/voltage regulator issue. Given it is happening with the engine off, that is not likely.

Comment

My GS 22 had that happen. They replaced both lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoma View Post
          My GS 22 had that happen. They replaced both lights.
          I had one of my underwater lights replaced as well under warranty

Comment

Scoma and GMLIII - Good info. Did the bad lights cause circuit faults? Or did they just not work?

Comment

No it just didn’t work . Loose connection and the light cut on and off so dealer replaced

Comment

As suspected, the underwater light circuit fault - overcurrent - was due to a bad underwater light. Replaced and good to go.

Comment

Working...
                X