17’ G LED’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17’ G LED’s

Lights are way too bright ....just sayn - anybody think it’s possible or know how to put a dimmer on these lights ?

Yes they are blinding

Comment

I"m speaking of the interior LED's....

Comment

Originally posted by Andy1972 View Post
        I"m speaking of the interior LED's....
        Yes I assume you were referring to the interior cup holder lights which are indeed blinding?
        They are so bright I discontinued using them

Comment

Well there's got to be a way to permanently adjust the output

Comment

As long as you can locate the switched output to the lights, a 12V dimmer can be wired in.

Comment

Nautique......You listening??? Please fix before my trade.....

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
                As long as you can locate the switched output to the lights, a 12V dimmer can be wired in.
                Someone needs to do a test here. Not all LEDs are dimmable. In fact, most aren't.

Comment

What kind of testing? Ive been doing LEDs and dimmer for years. Simple rhestat dials as well as those that are part of RGB controllers. Have yet to come across a 12V LED that cant be controlled with a dimmer.

Comment

I know the 12VDC LEDs in my car are not dimmable. Well, they flicker on and off, so if you consider that "dimmed" then yes. They're dimmable.

I'm just saying someone needs to do a real-world test with a dimmer before we just declare it a workable solution. It may not be as simple as a rheostat.

Comment

So ill ask again, what kind of testing and by whom, would be real world for you? Bring your boat by the shop and we'll do yours, will that work?

Comment

Originally posted by MLA View Post
                        So ill ask again, what kind of testing and by whom, would be real world for you? Bring your boat by the shop and we'll do yours, will that work?
                        Nope. I don't have a trailer.

Comment

So share with the forum, what sort of real world testing you want to see and by whom you feel is a credible source. Im not being sarcastic, genuinely interested in what you feel is real world.

Comment

Charles,

Here is the best i can provide right at this moment. Just speaker LEDs dimmed by an RGB controller. Its a pre-programmed dimmer value as opposed to a variable value like through a rheostat. I do not have a dimmer knob for single color LEDs on hand at this moment.

Comment

ha ha ha...

Comment

Working...
                              X