Error 6 on cd player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 6 on cd player

My stock Clarion CD player keeps showing "error 6" when I try to play cd's. Anyone have any advice? Thanks
    '12 SAN 210 TE Black/Masters Blue
    '09 SAN 210 TE Black/Fury Red
    '08 Air 216 TE
    '02 Air 216
    '98 Sport Nautique
    '89 MC Prostar 190

RE: Error 6 on cd player

What model of clarion?

Comment

That's happened to me. As for the the '04 models, it sometimes has trouble playing burned CDs. Most of the time, it doesn't. But, when I burn a CD using Windows Media Player, the boat along w/ other CD players has trouble w/ it.

Also, in the back of the manual it has a list of all the errors and what they mean....
      [color=blue][size=2][b]I Nautique, therefore I am.[/b][/size][/color]

Comment

From the manual, on the XMD1 and XMD2, error 6:

"This indicates that the CDís TOC (table of contents) cannot be read, for example because the
        selected disc is upside-down."

I could not copy the text from the manual for the XMD-3 but the error points to the same cause, the disk is loaded upside-down.

If you have a CD changer, this error is also due to the disk being upside-down.

Comment

ReError 6 problem

I had this happen on my XMD1 in the end i sent it to a Clarion service centre and they told me the laser was faulty had it replaced and it plays all discs now
          hope that this helps
          Tom

Comment

Error 6

because by reading to the disc tracks not clear,fix;clean the lens of the laser head/if can't ,adjust the bias of the laser head,
            (a small trimer volume near the laser head);if can't ,change laser head,the above is an AV technican rout check for read error CD player.hope above can help.

Comment

Need correct type of CD

If you're trying to play a CD that doesn't have the small "Compact Disc Recordable" label screened on it, the player will periodically display Error Code 6 and not play the CD.

A CD I purchased had this problem. I solved it by copying the original CD to a disc that had the "Compact Disc Recordable" label and it works fine.

I found this solution in the Clarion user manual

Comment

Working...
              X