2009 model sub vibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 model sub vibration

Any one having trouble with their sub on the 2009 models ? Mine works well but vibrates every thing on the driver side. I tried stuffing foam up under panel but does not help much.
    2013 G23 super air
    2010 230 super air
    2009 220 super air
    2008 210 super air
    2005 210 super air
    2003 calabria pro air

RE: 2009 model sub vibration

I haven't took delivery of my boat yet so I can't comment.

I am worried about having the same problem though. I'll chime in once I get my boat.
    Previous Nautiques
    2012 210
    2009 210
    2007 210
    2004 210

Comment

Robert,

As you know,

For 09' factory places a Polk MM series sub in the forward starboard side coaming. The fiberglass appears to be thick and stout enough to support the sub driver.

Unfortunately, the Polk MM is designed for a small sealed enclosure and performs poorly in a free-air application. Despite the assertions of Polk or any manufacturer there is no such thing as a multi-purpose sub unless it performs poorly in every use.

Here are a few recommendations to try:
      1.) Zero bass boost from the amplifier.
      2.) Tune the sub crossover higher at 125 Hz, providing an increase in perceived output, and then gain the sub significantly down until it blends with the high-pass section without sounding remote or detached.
      3.) Use an in-line subsonic filter (35 Hz) on the low-pass RCA input to reduce the wasted and unwanted excursion.
      4.) Acoustically isolate the 6 1/2-inch coaxial that is mounted in close proximity to the sub (only one of six).
      5.) No equalization on burnt CDs or iPod files.
      6.) Close off any area down the coaming where the sub's front and rear isolation is circumvented (within a distance of five feet). This will better damp the woofer and reduce excess excursion and vibration. This may or may not apply to your 220.
      7.) Replace the sub with a JL Audio marine free-air 10-inch which is designed for this application and is the best in its class by a mile(or kilometer).
      8.) Build a front-loading acoustic suspension enclosure for a supplemental 8-inch (only requiring .35 cu. ft. displacement) and find an alternate location for the primary subwoofer (in a sealed box).

Sorry I'm not bearing better news with an easier solution.

David
      Earmark Marine
      Earmark Marine
      www.earmarkmarine.com

Comment

David, Thanks for all the tips that I can try. I talked with White Lake who talked with Correct Craft. I think they will have rethink the sub and location for the 2010 model year. For the 2009 model it will be trying the things you mentioned. Maybe you could share your thoughts with tect support at CC. thanks
        2013 G23 super air
        2010 230 super air
        2009 220 super air
        2008 210 super air
        2005 210 super air
        2003 calabria pro air

Comment

Sometimes it's a fairly narrow freq band causing the problems (or the worst problems). Someone from a pro audio outfit (or possibly a good home theatre or car audio shop) could help you do a freq sweep to analyze it and then test it with a parametric EQ or notch filter. This MIGHT be an easier and less expensive solution and would preserve broader freq response than cutting all of your low-end. Agree with David though, best would be an appropriate speaker for the application and using a speaker spec'd for a sealed enclosure in an open air situation is a huge no-no.

Comment

Sometimes? - how about every time CC has done a sub it has been terrible! If you want the sub to perform you will need to sacrifice some storage and build a box!
            2006 SANTE 210 (Pending Sale)
            2005 206 TE (Previous)
            1994 SNOB (First Nautique/Boat)

Comment

Has anyone tried any of the suggestions given by Earmark Marine. I was thinking of trying the JL Audio "Open Air" sub. Would this still have the load thumping bass that a typical sub would have?

Comment

sub fix

I have not tried anything yet . When I called about the free air sub that David suggested they asked if I knew what was behind the sub, I don't know , planning on taking sub out this week since snow board season ended this weekend in Va. and might do some dampening and then up grade to to the free air sub if that doesn't stop all the cables rattling. I will let you know if anything works on my end.
                2013 G23 super air
                2010 230 super air
                2009 220 super air
                2008 210 super air
                2005 210 super air
                2003 calabria pro air

Comment

RE: sub fix

I believe there is a fiberglass hull with some carpet behind the Sub.
                  2005 206 TE (Previous)

Comment

I have the same issue on my 210. The sub vibrates way too much where I will sacrifice bass by setting it lower in order to keep my boat and being vibrated to death.
                    Previous Nautiques
                    2012 210
                    2009 210
                    2007 210
                    2004 210

Comment

What about the Wetsounds 10" open air sub? It is not as good as the JL?
                      Previous Nautiques
                      2012 210
                      2009 210
                      2007 210
                      2004 210

Comment

I took the sub out yesterday , first Sat off since Nov. snow board season is over; nothing behind just a big opening all the way to hull side. Knowing this would not be my only sub, I always put a couple 10s or more somewhere just have not figure out where yet, took a block of foam24" x24" by 12" soft, put though hole: cut out just for the speaker , put back everything back and surprising worked well for what it is, also no more vibration. What was a surprise while looking at my amps notice the sub was hooked in series or parallel with the back speakers I would have thought CC would have hooked the sub from the sub ports on the amp?? Only two RCA jacks coming from the amp pull these and the back factory speakers and sub go silent.
                        2013 G23 super air
                        2010 230 super air
                        2009 220 super air
                        2008 210 super air
                        2005 210 super air
                        2003 calabria pro air

Comment

If you pull the only RCA jacks everything goes silent (no signal) I believe the speakers and sub are not together (series or parallel) but rather speakers on two channels and the sub on two channels (bridged).
                          2005 206 TE (Previous)

Comment

after posting sun. morning, going back to the boat and looking again I realized the RCA jacks are coming from the head unit and the speaker wires are another part of the amp. thanks for for info.
                            2013 G23 super air
                            2010 230 super air
                            2009 220 super air
                            2008 210 super air
                            2005 210 super air
                            2003 calabria pro air

Comment

off topic questions but you guys seem to know what you are talking about. I bought a 08 216, and i keep reading that the 09 stereo is much better than the 08, can you tell me what the diffrences are and is it that noticeable? Second queston...if i wanted to add 2 more cans up top for a total of 4 should i go with the same cans that came from the factory? Would tower have to be drilled?

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X