HSE Volume Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSE Volume Control

Has anyone installed one of these on an 07 or 08, my dealer told me they could not install it. Any ideas?

http://hsetrident.com/html/rvc_info.html

Thanks

RE: HSE Volume Control

Looks cool... Have you called the manufacture? Also I'm wondering if the IPOD goes directly through this unit or still through the head unit.
    I would have the dealer remove the smart pod and connect directly to the tech there although I'm wondering if the tech on the dash is still an analog unit or if it is now digital. In the old Perfect Pass days it ran from from an RPM sensor which would connect to the tech behind the dash. CC would be able to answer that.

Comment

honestly, unless it's the factory setup, never let a dealer do any stereo work on your boat. they use crap wiring, don't set crossovers, etc. when i had my mc i had 3 different dealers do sub par jobs. baws being the worst. not counting the 3 optima blue tops, and 50 hour service i spent 3,000 for it to quit working within 1 day completely and nobody offered to reimberse me and acted like children. just make sure they stereo shop doesnt drill holes through the hull. also happened to me. hse is sounds like what gm's come with. the little knob that turns the radio up and down with acceleration. i'd love to hear how it works from someone with one.

Comment

If you don't want to hardwire the HSE into your boats engine, you should try looking at the Boost Box, which is very similar. My friend has one on his Supra and it works really well. It adjusts volume up and down solely on the decibel level of the motor. As it gets louder, so does your music. Def check it out.

Comment

Call Jim at HSE (209) 238-9051, he has one on his Nautique, and can help you or your installer get it done. You need to pull the rpm signal wire off the motor harness on LE/TE boats. My HSE is wired to my analog tachometer. Mine HSE box worked flawlessly all summer. What I didn't expect was my wife's reaction: "This is the best thing you have added to the boat".

Comment

I've installed one in to our 08 then transplanted it in to our 09. Both are Team edition with ZR6. The Grey tacho wire you need runs in analogue all the way to the 12 pin connector where it plugs in to the gateway box (black box under the dash) From there to the gauges/tacho is a much thinner comms cable that I doubt would be analogue so you could not use it.

Nautique makes it easy on the newer models in that the wire even says TACH on it so you know you have he right one. The Gateway box is the black box that is kind of hidden. The other larger more accessable balck box has the circuit brekers in it. That also has a couple of grey wires going to it but they all have lables so as long as you can read it is pretty easy.

Once it is in you'll love it. Great gadget!
            2012 210TE + ZR6 + NSS + Clarion Sponsorship = Good times
            Previous boats ->2001 SAN. 2003, 04, 05, 06 210TE, 07 220TE, 08, 09, 10, 11 210TE

Comment

Kinger,

If you can't find someone in your area who is comfortable installing the HSE, which is really a simple process, then the Boost Box plugs in like a hardwired remote control. With the Boost Box, in the case of a Clarion source unit, no expertise is required and there are no engine wires to identify.

Email me at infoATearmarkcaraudioDOTcom for more information.

David E.M.
              Earmark Marine
              www.earmarkmarine.com

Comment

If you dealer said they could not install one, then they are probably just covering their butts and it must be a policy. Any boat dealership that knows anything about installing stereos or amps in their boat should already know exactly how to install one of these even if they have never done it before. It's not any harder than adding a deck, amp, or eq.

I'll be installing one on my 06' 210 this week. I already found the gray tach wire under the dash, and I can confirm what jbwake said that it was labeled "TACH". I actually have a lot of the factory wire harness pins so I'm going to tap directly into the wire harness. Installing the unit is really easy and I have two friends with a unit on their boats. Call Jim and he can help you out if you get stuck. Or post your questions on here and I'll help you out.

Comment

When installing the HSE model, can you just tap into the dash Tach wire with a dual-wire splicer? Does this unit work better than the Boost Box? Need some reviews because I'm going to buy one of them in the spring.

Comment

It is just preference... The boast box can ALSO work on the tach wire, but also stand-alone.
                    230 with ZR6 running on propane

Comment

Wow thanks everyone for the reply's. I am going to look at my boat this week and see if I can identify the tach wire, I am just concerned because I am completely new at boat ownership, last season was my first. So I don't really know anything at all about installing enhancements on my boat, but I guess it is time I learn.

Earmark,
                      Thanks for the help I have seen some of your pictures your installs are top notch, I wish you had a shop in Southern California!

I am also looking for comparisons between the boost box and HSE?

Comment

The Boost Box - Automatic Volume Control

The Boost Box controls the stereo head unit directly either via hard wired hook up through the transome remote cable, or via IR emitter cable to the faceplate of the head unit.

No wiring installation is necessary, the unit will run off a 9V battery, however we recommend to connect the power to 12V switched AUX under the dash which is the typical install point for most customers.

The Boost Box works off 3-axis motion sensing and requires no external signal.

Most cusotmers use the supplied velcro tape to mount the unit and "install" is less than 10min in most cases. Also because the unit is not really hard installed, you can move the unit from boat to boat at your preference.

Since the unit controls the head unit, no additional audio "tuning" is required, there are no POTs to turn and you will not upset your pre-amp/amp set up.

I am very familiar with the electronics and software so I can answer any technical questions you have.

I appreciate your kind reply.

Braon

DISCLAIMER - I represent The Boost Box on the web.

Comment

Old thread revival!
                          I’m searching for an HSE Volume Control. Had one in my previous boat and finding it difficult to be without it in my current tug! Anyone have a possible lead on a used unit that might be available?
                          Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                          X