Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Suggections

Hi

Being intimately familiar with vBulletin, I am not sure if this makes me a good a or bad resource. But, I would like to suggest two tweaks to the settings that would at least make my life easier.

1) Increase the session timeout. I find that while making longer posts or replies, my session expires and I am logged out. This also happens if I step away from the computer for a bit, requiring me to log in. It would be nice to see a longer session timeout, maybe 2-4 hours. The downside is that has the potential to make the who is online feature a bit inaccurate, but I don't see any real harm.

2) Decrease time between searches for authenticated users. When going back an forth between a list of posts, etc. I frequently get the "you must wait x seconds before your next search". For those that do some fast toggling between screens to look at posts and such it would be nice to see this threshold reduced some. Ideally less than 5 seconds, but even 10 would be greatly appreciated.

Still would like to see something on this if possible..........

Comment

Originally posted by blueroom View Post
      Hi

Being intimately familiar with vBulletin, I am not sure if this makes me a good a or bad resource. But, I would like to suggest two tweaks to the settings that would at least make my life easier.

1) Increase the session timeout. I find that while making longer posts or replies, my session expires and I am logged out. This also happens if I step away from the computer for a bit, requiring me to log in. It would be nice to see a longer session timeout, maybe 2-4 hours. The downside is that has the potential to make the who is online feature a bit inaccurate, but I don't see any real harm.

2) Decrease time between searches for authenticated users. When going back an forth between a list of posts, etc. I frequently get the "you must wait x seconds before your next search". For those that do some fast toggling between screens to look at posts and such it would be nice to see this threshold reduced some. Ideally less than 5 seconds, but even 10 would be greatly appreciated.
      Agreed as well

Comment

Decrease time between searches for authenticated users!

Comment

I agree with this
          2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
          2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
          1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

Agree

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Me too. I have such bad memory that I forget what I am doing within 20 seconds.

Comment

Jeff can you make this change on the forum?

Comment

Additional idea. I use the app 90% of the time. I would like to see the location of the person posted when using the app. It would be a great way to connect with other users.

Comment

I guess if we are listing out things that annoy us...images still cannot be uploaded from the PN app. My workaround is using the TapaTalk app, but that’s inconvenient sometimes.

Comment

NautiqueJeff - Any thoughts? This one has been open since July of 18.

Comment

Turn off search for visitors:
                        Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > (choose the usergroup(s) you want to disallow searches) > Forum Searching Permissions > Can Search Forums: No and Can Use Boolean Search: No

Decrease search frequency timer:
                        Settings > Options > Message Searching Options > Minimum Time Between Searches (0 allows searches of any frequency)

The default search timer is 0 (no timer). Was this set to 20 seconds because of an issue with the forum?

Increase User Session Timer
                        Settings -> Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options

Comment

Jeff although on another thread from (OP) Blueoom, please put "Today's Posts" back on main menu. It is a huge pain hitting the enter key several times waiting for the seconds to tick by before you can access. On another note why was Today's Posts taken off main menu anyway? I use it all the time.

Comment

I have changed some of these settings, but I don't want to enable zero search delay. In my experience, that's just asking for trouble.
                            Current Boats —> 2020 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 1999 Ski Nautique Open Bow -- 1981 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE 1 of 3) -- 1983 Fish Nautique (TWIN ENGINE 2 of 3)
                            Former Boats —> 2019 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2018 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2017 Super Air Nautique G23, 2016 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2015 Super Air Nautique G23 -- 2014 Super Air Nautique G23 — 2013 Super Air Nautique G23 — 2012 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition — 2011 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition — 2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition — 2008 Super Air Nautique 230 Team Edition — 2007 Air Nautique 236 Team Edition -- 2003 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition -- 2001 Sport Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1998 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1997 Ski Nautique -- 1994 Ski Nautique -- 1993 Barefoot Nautique -- 1981 Fish Nautique (SINGLE ENGINE)

Need something for your boat? Please check out our site sponsors! Not only do they offer the best products available, they also support this site.
                            NautiqueParts.com - Roswell Marine - SeaDek Marine Products - Delta Propellers - SkiSafe - Xtreme Heaters -- PCM Marine Engines -- PerfectPass - C&S Marine – Touchless Boat Cover

Comment

Thanks Jeff!

Comment

Working...
                              X