Shore Station question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shore Station question

We have a 4,000lb SS lift that we used with our old boat. We purchased an '02 SAN & I think we are at the top of the weight limit for our lift. I was just wondering what is the difference between a SS 4,000 lift & a SS 5,000lb (or 6,000lb) lift.
    And would it be possible to just run stronger cables in our current lift to make it a 5,000lb or 6,000lb lift?

hydraulic lift? Hyhdraulic lifts from the same company sometimes use the same hydraulic system (pups and valves) for 'some' different capacities. An 02 210 'wet weight' should be a just barely under 4k, but A full tank of fuel alone adds around 300# to a dry weight of 3200 (if I remember right). So add oil and other typical boating things and yep you're right below it. How old is your current lift? Metal fatigues over time and using a lift right at the weight limit often, can make it wear and more susceptible to damage. I had a lift that I used close to the limit for several years (never over) and I stated seeing stress cracks, and had premature wear on the pins. I found a 10k hydraulic that had been lightly used and re-habbed it and have no worries at all now. Best of luck sir.

Comment

Working...
    X