Tesla Cybertruck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla Cybertruck

New Tesla truck unveiled, let’s hear it. Garage friendly, Towing capacity 14.000 lbs, fully adjustable front and rear air suspension with onboard air compressor to run pneumatic tools, 0-60 4.5 seconds

Click image for larger version  Name:	C4D0ECC3-EBC5-4D42-BE20-B6270B94A482.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	29.5 KB ID:	597857
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0F06C971-45FD-42F9-AD25-64A66C7E8C8C.png Views:	0 Size:	279.3 KB ID:	597858
    Last edited by ScooterMcgavin; 11-23-2019, 11:27 AM.
    2009 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
    2006 Super Air Nautique 210 TE
    1989 Sport Nautique

I kind of dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Love it or hate it, It breaks away from the norm. Looks crazy now but that's how many designs started. When I look at this I see something new with new methods in construction and finish as well. The Ford Mustang Mach E fails on almost every front. Bad branding, poor styling (looks like a Kia SUV) and probably mostly conventional E drive train. Basically everything this isn't.

Motor Trend on demand has 4 or 5, 3 minutes interviews with one of the designers going over everything from how the concept was developed to the materials and manufacturing process. Quite impressive.

Comment

Preorder right here.

Comment

If it can tow 14,000 at the $40k price point, it probably has the lowest TCO of anything that can tow that kind of weight. But something tells me there will be an expensive tow package add on.

Comment

Originally posted by hal2814 View Post
            If it can tow 14,000 at the $40k price point, it probably has the lowest TCO of anything that can tow that kind of weight. But something tells me there will be an expensive tow package add on.
            You are correct, the base model will tow 7500 I believe but they all come standard with the front/rear adjustable air suspension.
            1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

It is NOT 14,000 lbs at $40k. (See pic)...broken windows with Musk rubbing his chin in dismay wondering what happened...priceless.

Click image for larger version  Name:	truck.JPG Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	597875

Comment

I'd really like to see the range when towing a full load. Also yes it's a new design, but I still don't think I could get my mind behind it, so a hard pass from me.

Comment

There was a similar design back in 1979 to the cybertruck.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	BE09CAB4-9742-4108-8B62-B3CA88459FFA.png
Views:	4466
Size:	556.6 KB
ID:	597880
                  1989 Sport Nautique

Comment

Man that thing is ugly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2013 SAN 230
                    2006 SSN 210 (SOLD)

Comment

Nope

Comment

It's a pass from me. I have been eagerly awaiting the unveiling and was fully prepared to put a $1k deposit down (like people did for model 3) if the "truck" looked anything like any of the renders. I knew it probably wouldn't look much like my 15 F150, but I still thought it would look like a truck. I just got back from Australia and all I could think about was how much the cyber truck looks like the next evolution of those god awful Ute's they have down there.

I really think Tesla missed a big opportunity here.

Comment

This is the next ugliest vehicle besides the Pontiac Aztec

Comment

i like where they are going but hopefully the body will see a serious redesign before release.

towing can be strange with electric vehicles, range very much depends on how much current it can absorb while regen braking. what you lose going up hill can be more than made up going down hill with the load helping to regen more than just the vehicle itself.

thinking about placing a deposit. the single RWD would make a bad *** shop truck

Comment

Towing range is really going to depend on the aerodynamics of the thing you are towing and how fast you go. Boats on trailers are less drag than a giant 5th wheel camper, but still more drag than one might think because they sit up so high and don't draft the tow vehicle as much as you might think. Also the squared off transom of a boat might work great when on plane in the water, but literally sucks aerodynamically as does the windshield and cockpit. The cybertruck forums are estimating down as low as 150 miles of range out of the top-end model when towing a max capacity travel trailer. (that model has 500+ miles when not towing). I would estimate one would get lucky to get 200 miles range pulling something like a G23.

I have reserved a pre-order to replace my 2004 Chevy 2500. It should pull our SAN 210 just fine. The pontoon, will while lighter, will drag more air. Range is not a huge concern for me. Living on a lake, we only really pull the boats to and from local seasonal storage and only occasionally to nearby bodies of water.
                              Last edited by LakesideRec; 12-28-2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X