Snake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake

My wife and 2 kids go out for some family time on the water tonight. Before surfing we decided to let the kids swim. My wife and kids were in the water while I was in the boat getting it situated. I walk to the stern and notice a snake is trying to get up on the platform and this is a big snake. I can’t believe this is happening. I immediately grab the closet thing I can use to get the snake off the platform (which is one of the pump water guns) while I tell my wife and kids to get far away from me. They start to panic. I was able to get the snake off the platform and it immediately dove under water. At this point I pull my kids out of the water from the bow along with my wife. We have had a lot of rain and Lake Lanier is almost 4’ above full pool. I think this is why this happened. Either way, the whole moment was surreal. I might carry a baseball bat moving forward. It all happened so quick I didn’t have time to think. I just wanted my wife and kids as far away as possible. We ended up having a great evening but a lasting memory.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

My wifes worst nightmare.

I was talking to someone the other day and they told a story about a trip to Lake Shasta. He said they were on a beached houseboat and watched a rattlesnake make its way up one of the bow lines, get on the boat and hide inside a boat cover that was bundled up on the deck.

Comment

Wow that is exciting for sure, especial when he went underwater and you lost sight of him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Moving forward I will definitely be looking for unwanted guests when I get on my boat. AND yes. When it went under water.... that was not expected. Something I would rather not think about when hanging out in the water.

Comment

Ewwww. Keep your paddles handy

Comment

Watch this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0z0mTb-lHEo

Comment

Ok I no longer want to go boating down south.

Comment

I don't like spiders and snakes ... and there a plenty here in Florida. At least the gators don't bother you.

Comment

Originally posted by markj View Post
                  Maybe snake just wants to wakesurf?

Comment

Originally posted by GMLIII View Post

Maybe snake just wants to wakesurf?
                    He actually had a pretty good run going there for a bit until he fell out of the wake! Lol

Comment

That was one of my Anti surf snakes. I trained a bunch of them over the winter to try and stop surfing in the ski cove. If you stay in the main channel they won't bother you.

Comment

I couldn’t stop laughing while watching that

Comment

This is seriously a show stopper for my wife. We would sell the boat and probably be forced to move as there would be no reason to live on the lake any longer seeing how she would NEVER go in again. I am not even joking. I will not even tell her about this or she may not swim again. It sounds as if your wife is a little more tolerant...good for you.

Comment

Just saw our first in 30 years... Boat parked on a beach, Mom walked from the shore around the side heading towrds stern and a snake was cruising at her under the swimstep. I was relaxing on the boat and hopped up when she screamed, it went back under, seeing a 4-5' snake pop out on the otherside of your swimstep and swim to shore definitely shocked me. Not cool.

Comment

The video is scary as &$##! But as a lesson to beginning surfers did you see how he leaned into the wave ?

We have water moccasin here . About 2 weeks ago I spotted a huge one along the beach , probably 6 -8 feet long maybe and very fat . I didn’t tell the wife , just packed up and went elsewhere

The snake going under water is scary. It’s my understanding they cannot bite under water but prefer to not test my theory

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Current Correct Craft Boat
                              [URL="http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/05/1e6128564805861d2625d7b7f8efd2f1.jpg"]2015 SANTE 210[/URL]

Correct Craft Boats Owned
                              [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=17771&d=1340117700"]2012 SANTE 210 (Boatmate Trailer)[/URL]
                              [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/attachment.php?attachmentid=14107&d=1313460568"]2003 SANTE 210 (Dorsey Trailer)[/URL]
                              [URL="http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/attachment.php?attachmentid=14108&d=1313461675"]2007 SANTE 210 (Magnum Trailer)[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                              X