Is Flite Pipe the ONLY Answer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Flite Pipe the ONLY Answer?

I have a friend who bought a '89 Barefoot Nautique. He wants to keep the Barefoot boom mount on the pylon, but would also like to install an extended pylon for wakeboarding. The only answer I can think of is the "Flite Pipe" which attaches TO the pylon, not over it. Does anyone else have any other ideas? :???: Also, I haven't had any luck finding anyone who sells the Flite Pipe or a extended pylon similar to it. I did see a thread on correctcraftfan.com, where someone was talking about making something similar, but never did see any more about it. Any body got a used Flite Pipe for sale? :?:
    Tomfooter

\"You could by a cheaper boat, but then you would have to ride it.\"

RE: Is Flite Pipe the ONLY Answer?

What's the big deal about taking off the clamp? We use either the skylon or boom practically every time out. Leave a 3/4" wrench in the boat, it's only 2 bolts takes less than a minute to get it out and put it on. Does he leave the pylon on all the time? It's easier to mount the clamp than the pylon!

Comment

I used to mount both on my 1995. The boom was a bent ECI boom, it mounted on the pylon low enough to allow the extended plylon to come down to the "pinned" higher mount position. Just make sure you keep the cables adjusted so they take the strain, not the pylon or it will damage the pylon mounts.

Hollywood has a good point but I would commonly switch the same beginner from the boom to the higher pull point behind the boat in the same run. Taking the time to pull the bolts and switch the cables would not work with my beginner waiting in the water.

Comment

Unfortunately on this model boat you can't get the mount low enough for a pylon to slip over the top becuase the bent pylon hugs the motorbox so close.

Comment

My 95 had the bent pylon. I had to lift the motorbox to install the ECI clamp which does not have any protruding bolts, then wrap it in a towel, and push the box behind the clamp when I lowered it. It was a very tight fit and you had to be careful not to wrap too much towel between the clamp and the box or else the inside of the motorbox would rub on the water pump pulley bolts. Ever considered a tower?

Comment

Some one posted a link to a "clamp-on" attachment that puts a second pole in front of the pylon, so you can have the fly high pole and a boom on the same boat. I am sure that is what you are looking for.

Comment

won't the BI combo work?

Comment

Here is that link from ebay. I see it every time I do my random search on ebay for nautique. I think the designer of this is on this site but I may be wrong. If he is speak up. http://cgi.ebay.com/WAKEBOARD-SKYLON...QQcmdZViewItem
                2016 SAN 210
                2006 SANTE sold
                2001 SAN - sold
                1991 Sport Nautique - sold

Comment

Re: RE: Is Flite Pipe the ONLY Answer?

Originally posted by MNSuperAir
                  Here is that link from ebay. I see it every time I do my random search on ebay for nautique. I think the designer of this is on this site but I may be wrong. If he is speak up. http://cgi.ebay.com/WAKEBOARD-SKYLON...QQcmdZViewItem
                  MNSuperAir, I think that may be the answer :!: . If not, the 3/4" wrench will work, I guess. I'll pass this info on to my friend. Thanks to everyone for their input and help! :grin:
                  Tomfooter

\"You could by a cheaper boat, but then you would have to ride it.\"

Comment

RE: Re: RE: Is Flite Pipe the ONLY Answer?

I have a 1997 Ski. I know, not the same boat. I have the factory extended pylon in my boat, the one that is about 18 inches taller than stock. I believe a version of this pylon was offered in some Barefoot Nautiques. I Have the plate for my barefoot boom mounted on the pylon. When I put my "Ten foot pole" over the factory pylon. it does not hit the bare foot boom plate, and I can put both the pole, and the boom, on my boat pylon, at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                    X