Skylon Strapless Board Racks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skylon Strapless Board Racks

I saw these new Skylon Strapless Board racks and they look impressive. It does not appear to be an adapter for the Nautique tower, but they will work on most other boat brands. They are on the same price level at the Roswel Triton racks. Just curious if anyone had any information positive or negitive. Please no pricing comments.

http://skylonsports.com/skylock/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skylock-PRODUCT-ONLY_1000x1500.jpg
Views:	866
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	578112

My god did Roswell not patent theirs? This looks way too similar to not be copywrite infringement?

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by brit_hunsicker View Post
      My god did Roswell not patent theirs? This looks way too similar to not be copywrite infringement?

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
      Very similar to the Roswell, but it has some nice features not available on the Roswell racks

Comment

Hey Guys,
        Just wanted to answer a few questions. We do have the Nautique tower adapters available, they are the same mount as the Roswell adapters.

The functionality and mechanism of the Skylock is very different than the Roswell Triton. We use TruLock technology which locks and releases as you press the release button. This keeps your boards totally secure and doesn't allow for any bouncing or slipping. We do not use a bungee cord vs the competition. No need to adjust the arms to fit different size boards, SkyLock fits all boards by just pulling up on the hook. We have a Vest holder built into each fork, a skier down flag holder, and can actually use a padlock to secure your boards while you are away. And as with all Skylon products, we are made in house in the USA.

Brian

Comment

So, I noticed that the rack design changed quite a bit from the original design. Did anyone try these out on their Nautique?

Comment

Originally posted by Mahnal View Post
            So, I noticed that the rack design changed quite a bit from the original design. Did anyone try these out on their Nautique?
            Yeah I don't know that they still manufacture the vertical version which I posted on this site almost two years ago. All the designs appear to be horizonal from what I have seen on their web site

Comment

$3500!! Holy

Comment

Originally posted by shag View Post
                $3500!! Holy
                That is for 2, where the Roswell Triton Racks are $1400 each rack, plus $200 for each swivel. So, not as big of a difference as it might seem. Like $3200 versus $3500. Still not cheap.

Comment

It sounds like a lot and is a lot but not for what has gone into making it. After the R&D you have the machining of all the parts, creating the molds for the plastic parts and finally assembly.

I really never appreciated the work that went into a lot of the things we take for granted until I worked at a machine shop. CAD time, programing time, set up time and machine time alone will eat up tons of hours even before a single part is assembled. The only way to make something cheap is through volume which I seriously doubt is here. Well that and outsourcing to literal slave labor from China if you're okay with that.

Comment

Any other reviews out there?

Comment

Working...
                    X