Upgraded Ballast??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded Ballast??

I just ordered a 2019 210 with the upgraded pro stock ballast. What ballast upgrades is everyone doing beyond that? Where are you ordering your ballast? Wakemakers only had 600lb bags for the rear. I thought I heard people were swapping the stock for 700, 850, even 900 lb bags? Should I upgraded the bow bag? Also, shot bags. Ho much and where are they needed? My boat is 2 months out and I wanted have everything ordered and here for the bag swap when it arrives. We only surf if that makes a difference. Thx in advance

Dont know about extra ballast bags but I would go on an order ten 50 lb shot bags. You get a discount from either Wake Ballast or Lead Wake if you order 10 at a times. You would probably be using them in the bow and midship area. These take up little space and do not take up all your storage space like extra water ballast bags. You can move them around your boat to see what works best. Downside of shot bags is the extra weigh is alway in your boat vs the ability to drain for a lighter load. I have a G23 and I have 850 lbs of shot bags in my boat at all times (midship and bow).

Comment

It sounds like you're looking for a formula for the perfect 210 surf wake. There's no such thing. A wake that's perfect for you might be terrible for someone else. There's no set way to make it the "best."

The first thing you should do is surf the boat with OEM ballast. See what it can do and how it fits your style and preferences. Then start with "human" ballast. Move people around. Figure out if adding weight to the back, middle, or front actually improves the surf wake for you. If it does, then you need to make some decisions.

Ballast bags add weight that you don't carry around all the time, but they take up a LOT of space. The biggest ones for the 210 on Wakemakers are 600 pounds. And these will eat up every bit of the space in these lockers when they're full. Nothing bigger than that will even fit in the lockers.

Shot bags are nice in that they take up MUCH less room, but you're carrying them around all the time.

There is no one answer. You have to look at what's important to you and your style of surfing.

-Charles

Comment

Always appreciate the input Charles. I was under the impression the 600lb sacks would definitely be a plus for anyone. I didn’t know they eliminated the storage.

Comment

You probably know by now that the 600lb exact-fit wakemakers fit under the trays on your 210.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

Originally posted by Pointer309 View Post
            You probably know by now that the 600lb exact-fit wakemakers fit under the trays on your 210.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique
            I had to remove our trays. They weren’t even close to fitting when they are completely full. I could have left the trays in and not filled the bags all the way..... but, mute point for me now. Just sold the 210 a few days ago and put a down payment on a 2020 G23.

Comment

My Wakemaker B0199 Universal FIT 70"L x 20"W x 10"H - 570lbs. piggy-backed on the hard ballast tanks in my 2015 210. I used those because I already had them and they fit the space OK (the 70" dimension is a little tight, but tucks under the indent at the front and step in the hull at the rear). I don't have the trays, but they hardly come close to filling the locker to the top, though. Plenty of room for life jackets and towels in there on top of them.

If you want to fill the space completely, you could fit something like 65 x 20 x 20 in the lockers on top of the hard tanks and push the capacity over 1000 lbs of piggy back per side.

Comment

Working...
              X