Surf Rope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Rope

Were looking at buying a new rope for the 2018 season. Were currently using a Accurate rope, overall its a great rope but ready to try something new. I wanted to know what might be a good option for safety and price? I noticed some ropes have a "T" handle instead of the traditional handle, also is it better to adjust the rope right where the sweet spot is so you don't have pull in and take a chance of tangling your arm in the rope? I have heard that can happen, we have never had any trouble with that but things can happen.

Thanks

There's no one answer for this. There are lots of styles of surf rope, and personally, I just use whatever's on the boat. It doesn't matter that much. Some people hate the handle-less ones. I think they're fine and it's pretty much impossible to get tangled up in one. My surf rope has a handle that looks like a small wakeboard handle. It's fine, and I use it because that's what I got for Christmas a few years ago from my brother.

The only ones I really don't like is when someone just shortens up a wakeboard line and handle.

There's nothing wrong with letting the rope run long and letting the rider "choke up" on it. I do that all the time on my neighbor's G23. The only thing we tell riders is "Never wrap the rope around your hand." Just let it drag behind.

-Charles

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	05BA8E53-BEA2-40BE-A541-4AF84DB11B8C.png
Views:	247
Size:	353.0 KB
ID:	545562 We’ve been using this one for about the last 4 years. Been really happy with it. More than enough floatation.

Comment

Not suggesting that dealer. Just used the image.

Comment

Thanks I like that one.

Comment

Originally posted by rman56 View Post
            Thanks I like that one.
            That's the one my neighbor has. It's fine. He's had it a while and almost all of those orange rings have torn off.

-Charles

Comment

I've debated about getting a rope without the handle. I had 1 (and only 1) incident where I tossed the rope back towards the boat, missed and the handle came back and went under the surfboard. One of the fins somehow found its way into the handle area and I almost broke a fin. Freak event but made me wonder. I was using a surf rope with the small handle too.

Comment

We had the orange Liquid Force Suede surf rope above, and I liked it. Unfortunately, it had a manufacturing defect and needed to be replaced. Liquid Force did not have any of the same rope in stock and sent us a different rope, which we don't like and don't use.

Looking at going with the Ronix PU w/ 2 foot bungee section rope: https://www.ronixwake.com/Product/2018-pu-surf-rope/

Comment

We’ve got the basic ronix one with the bungee and it seems pretty good. I don’t like the ones with the thin rope as it can get tangled up too easily.

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

https://www.ronixwake.com/Product/20...tch-surf-rope/

Sent from my iPhone using PLT Nautique

Comment

I have heard great things about the Ronix with the bungee, we might try one this season. I agree with Wake.BC not a fan of thin ropes.

Thanks

Comment

The new Liquid Force rope is one of the best. It has an over padded handle to prevent dings on the board and injury to someone in the boat from an overzealous throw. And do adjust the rope to the sweatspot. Only beginners pull up on the rope. It can result in a limb wrapped up and nasty rope burn or worse.

https://www.the-house.com/wklfsd9or1...04150004072196

Sent from my SM-G950U using PLT Nautique mobile app

Comment

Thanks looks like a great rope.

Comment

I use the Ronix with the bungee and for the most part everyone likes it. However I pull the bungee section out if I have a new rider that is learning. If they fall while holding on tightly to the rope the bungee section can cause the handle to come flying back to the boat at warp speed. Stings a bit when it hits you right in the ear!

Comment

Originally posted by rman56 View Post
                              Thanks looks like a great rope.
                              Like greggmck linked above I just purchased a Liquid Force Surf DLX surf rope for this upcoming season but I have not tried it. My prior surf rope was like the one shown above from MarkJ. There was no problems with the prior surf rope, I just wanted to upgrade so we would have 2 surf ropes this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X