Do you guys store your wakesurf boards on your rack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys store your wakesurf boards on your rack

Seems ridiculous that a manufacturer would Market a product designed for daytime activity and sunny weather and then tell you to keep it out of the sun because it's exposure could damage the board just looking for your thoughts guy

Sent from my SM-G930P using PLT Nautique mobile app

Originally posted by kcoben View Post
    Seems ridiculous that a manufacturer would Market a product designed for daytime activity and sunny weather and then tell you to keep it out of the sun because it's exposure could damage the board just looking for your thoughts guy

Sent from my SM-G930P using PLT Nautique mobile app
    Everything goes on the racks. I can't stand wakeboards and surfboards lying around inside the boat. You're just asking for a cut in your vinyl doing that.

Comment

I do keep them in the rack when we ride.
      As soon as we're done I put them aside in the shadow.
      That's only for my $$$ boards, not the "tourist" boards.

It's only a matter of longevity, they will not be damaged in an instant but may break easily in the long run.

Comment

It really depends on the surfboard and where you're at. In the south and west temps get really hot. The higher end surfboards definitely will bake in the sun and leaving them out could possibly damage them for sure . Custome Boards like Soulfraft , Doomswell, Chaos , and even Inland Surfer, will definitely heat up and leave a huge potentional to have some damage. This isn't happening while you're out for surf sets or something like that. It's dangerous when your out for the day , maybe tied up at the swim are or party cove having your gear sitting backing in the sun. Think about how hot you vinyl gets and then multiply that to see the potential for a board. Heating up resin and glue like that in the realm of 100-150 degrees can loosen things up

A compression molded board from any wake mfg like a Hyperlite broadcast , Shim , something similar to that construction won't have any issues. It's really isn't a blanket statement that can be applied to everyone , but it does have merit for sure.

Last edited by swatguy; 2 weeks ago.
        2000 Mastercraft Xstar 2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4 2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone 99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning 88 2001 Nautique

Comment

We're only on the water for 5 hours or so daily so can't imagine issues . We have 3 inland surfer boards and had no issues other than my stupidity .... don't leave racks swung out when pulling into boat dock .. smashed our sweet spot and had to work small area on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Current Correct Craft Boat
          2015 SANTE 210

Correct Craft Boats Owned
          2012 SANTE 210 (Boatmate Trailer)
          2003 SANTE 210 (Dorsey Trailer)
          2007 SANTE 210 (Magnum Trailer)

Comment

Recently had a similar experience, waiting on replacement lesson learned on windy days, cost was 400, and they said college was expensive

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in the north east so no worries about sun/heat damage up here, more issues with the racks, that ding/dent the high end custom boards. I never put my Walker Projects in the racks, but mass produced let everyone ride/try boards go in the racks. My general rule of thumb if it's $800+ it stays in the bow, if it's last seasons or older it can be stored in the racks.

Comment

Working...
              X