No announcement yet.

Phase 5 Model X ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super flat rockers so don't look to slash. But man does it have speed and it will break loose in a second.
    2008 210 SAN TE (Moonraker Yellow over Midnight Blue)

Comment

does that mean for tricks its strengths are spins and not airs off the crest? (I need a clue!)

(You run with very well informed riders!)
      2010 Super Air Nautique 210 Team Edition

Comment

It is better for spins and slides. Airs you need to fall back and race to the outside then cut hard toward the lip. This board is not a hard cutter. It has the fast part down, I really need to ride it on a long wake to see what speed it really has. My wake is from alot of rear weight so its tall and not long.
        Originally posted by HS View Post
        does that mean for tricks its strengths are spins and not airs off the crest? (I need a clue!)

(You run with very well informed riders!)
        2008 210 SAN TE (Moonraker Yellow over Midnight Blue)

Comment

This is an old thread but im reviving it. I have ridden the Model X for a little while now and it is BLAZING fast! So easy to stay in the pocket with it. You don't have to be heavy to ride it like some of you guys said earlier. My son is 5'9" ~160 and rides it all day. He has been working on airs for a while now and says that the board is good for them because it is so fast he just said, "I'm just not doing it hard enough."

It is really a great board for everything. Carves around nice, stable ride, and you don't have to have any skill to stay in the pocket with it. Just a fantastic surfboard.

Comment

Renewing the thread again. Just picked up a Phase 5 Model X 58" as a demo. Sounds really short for me. I'm 6', 265 lbs, so we will see. Riding it tonight, and will respond back. Cheers, James

Comment

Originally posted by Last Mango View Post
              Renewing the thread again. Just picked up a Phase 5 Model X 58" as a demo. Sounds really short for me. I'm 6', 265 lbs, so we will see. Riding it tonight, and will respond back. Cheers, James
              Last Mango n pair of dice... lol... hey, what was the result...

Comment

It rode well. Very different, but well. It's surprisingly stable for it's length. It wants to turn. Very fast, yet forgiving. Bought one.

Comment

This was the board I wanted from the beginning but didn’t want to spend the money so I bought a Hyperlite Automatic for half the cost. Was in Scheels the other day and they had the Model X on sale for $499 so had to get it. Man what a difference. So much more speed which is huge for a beginning bigger guy like myself. Very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X