Snow load on G21 cover & bimini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow load on G21 cover & bimini

I'm getting my '16 G21 ready for my first winter with it. I'm in Colorado so snow's on the way.

On my prior boat, I built a support to go under the cover. The G21's cover already has a pretty robust support system . I have the two poles with straps holding the cover up. I'm trying to decide if that's enough for a foot or two of snow. Also, the way the bimini stores on these seems risky. That could hold quite a bit of snow & it's all supported from one side.

I'm considering getting an over the tower cover or shrink wrapping; but if the stock cover does fine with snow I'll just stick with it.

Any tips from those who have already been through a snowy winter?

Thanks!

I stored my Super Sport outdoors in the winter for 12 years but never with the cover on it. I built a support skeleton of 2x4s and covered the boat with two tarps (layered). Then I would wrap the whole thing with pallet wrap to keep *most* of the moisture out.

I think you are asking for trouble with an expensive cover. Can you find anywhere to store it for you? Around here indoor winter storage runs $350-$900.

Comment

The day I can’t afford to store my boat inside is the day I sell it.
      2006 SV 211
      97 Sport Nautique (Sold)
      89 PS 190 (Sold)
      05 Fourwinns Horizon 180 (Sold)
      89 Fourwinns 170 Freedom (Sold)
      75 MFG (Sold)

Comment

Get it shrink wrapped. Otherwise you’ll pay the piper in the spring. Especially with Colorado winters

Comment

Shrink wrap with the tower up, but make sure you remove the Bimini. Thatís the only way to get enough pitch to shed the snow. Iím north of you about 8 hours and that worked well last winter. I have since moved the boat into a heated storage for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X