Folding 2019 tower down with cover on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folding 2019 tower down with cover on

Have a 2019 210 on order and will be on a lift during the summer when stored. That being said, I like to suck the boat way up into the canopy for added protection so I’m wondering if the tower can be folded down with the factory cover on without damaging anything? Sounds like a tower down cover can be an option if I want to get one custom made but would rather not.

Thats my understanding I asked about that option in 08 but it was not available then.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfan219 View Post
      Have a 2019 210 on order and will be on a lift during the summer when stored. That being said, I like to suck the boat way up into the canopy for added protection so I’m wondering if the tower can be folded down with the factory cover on without damaging anything? Sounds like a tower down cover can be an option if I want to get one custom made but would rather not.
      If you don't want to purchase a tower down cover, you could use the tower up cover avail through Nautique then purchase a 2 x 8 board to run across the beam of your boat along the windshield on top of the tower up cover. With the board in place you can lower the tower down until it is in contact with the board. I use this method during winter lay-up so I can get my boat higher in my boat lift. For you this method would allow you to pull your boat further up on your canopy. Just another option.

Comment

Originally posted by GMLIII View Post

If you don't want to purchase a tower down cover, you could use the tower up cover avail through Nautique then purchase a 2 x 8 board to run across the beam of your boat along the windshield on top of the tower up cover. With the board in place you can lower the tower down until it is in contact with the board. I use this method during winter lay-up so I can get my boat higher in my boat lift. For you this method would allow you to pull your boat further up on your canopy. Just another option.
        He has a 2019 with the rear folding power tower. Not sure this solution will work...

-Charles

Comment

Originally posted by charlesml3 View Post

He has a 2019 with the rear folding power tower. Not sure this solution will work...

-Charles
          Wow I didn't realize the 210 had power towers and were rear folding. Thought it was just on Gs. Are the power towers and rear folding towers now on all models other than the Ski Nautique and Nautique 200?

Comment

Wow I didn't realize the 210 had power towers and were rear folding. Thought it was just on Gs. Are the power towers and rear folding towers now on all models other than the Ski Nautique and Nautique 200?
            BAH! You're right. I was reading a previous thread about a G23 and got stuck on that. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...

Comment

Where exactly would this board run?? Where the windshield meets the beam of the boat on the fiberglass or on the windshield itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfan219 View Post

Where exactly would this board run?? Where the windshield meets the beam of the boat on the fiberglass or on the windshield itself?
                2 x 8 board rests on the actual windshield frame with cover on the boat then I gently lower down the tower until it hits the board. Board runs from Portside beam to Starboard beam across the windshield about 3/4 of the way up the windshield if that makes sense.
                Last edited by GMLIII; 03-08-2019, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X